𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦

warnings ⚠️; r*pe, swearing, and abuse

date; started; 2/25/21 - published; 2/26/21

summary; As i walk along this dirt and gravel road, causing my tux to get ripped by all the sharp edges on the rocks... i see a small house

Louis' pov

It is may 17th, on a warm Friday night, and i'm stuck alone in the kitchen waiting for Joel to return from work.

I made us a meal hoping he would be home by 6pm but i suppose here's another night to eating alone. Recently, Joel has been getting home later than his usual work schedule.

He works as a manager at Subway, he always says he's been staying after for extra money, i don't think too much of it because it's a logical reason.

It is rolling around 8pm now, i stare at his full plate of food and sigh. I stand up from the kitchen island and head to the other side to grab the plate.

I made one of my romantic dishes, chicken stuffed with mozzarella wrapped in parma ham and a side of homemade mash. I also managed to not burn the house down, a few years ago Joel would've been so proud of me but now he would just brush me off.

We have been together for 4 years, we met when I was 19 and he was 21, we were so happy, the couples you see on Youtube who you are jealous of. That was our relationship. It still is, there's always downfalls in relationships.

I grab the plastic wrap from the kitchen cabinet and wrap the plate up. I place it in the fridge, he will probably get hungry when he comes home.

I decide i need to clear my mind, i've been needing to do that a lot recently, i go over to the couch and grab the remote off the coffee table.

I turn on friends, i've already seen this episode but it will keep me entertained.

I must have fallen asleep because I wake up to an angry Joel in my face.

"hi babe, you're home." I say while rubbing my eyes. I stand up and go to give him a kiss but he backs away. I frown.

"What's wrong love?" i ask confused, i slightly look over his shoulder, Joel is way taller than me, and see that the time says 11:13 pm.

"what's wrong? you are so fucking pathetic Louis." Joel spits out.

I feel my eyes begin to burn as salty tears threaten to fall.

"W-what do y-you mean?" I start to sob out.

"I don't want to see your fucking tears Louis." Joel shouts even louder.

"WELL MAYBE IF YOU FUCKING TOLD ME WHAT I DID!" I shout back, i feel the hot tears falling down my face aggressively.

"DONT RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME!" Somehow Joel always manages to scream louder than me. I step back from him with clenched fists.

"Don't even think about walking away." He steps closer and my breathing hitches, i hate when he does this, makes me feel so small and powerless.

"I walk into the house and see dishes everywhere and no meal in sight." He says firmly.

"I made you fucking dinner, it's in the fridge, and i'm  sorry that i didn't clean up the dishes, i was waiting for you to get home." I cry out. Joel relaxes his face a little and and hugs me.

Even when he yells or beats on me, he keeps me safe and protected, without him i'd be dead.

"shh baby, i shouldn't have yelled at you." I grasp onto his shirt tightly as he moves us to the couch, he begins to rock us slowly back and forth. This is normal, we have a healthy relationship and this is a normal occurrence.