2. The Sourting Hat

1st Year

"Don't forget to write. We will miss you." Mom hugged me. I hugged her back and pushed my trolley through the crowded King's Cross station with my dad.

"Are you ready?" Dad asked, patting my back.

I sighed and looked at the busy station with kids hugging their parents. "It will be okay."

My dad hugged me and we said our good bye's.

I grabbed my suitcase and got into the train, I didn't look back, that's not my thing.

I found an empy compartment and settled down. I started reading 'Hogwarts: A History' and waited for the train to move.

After a few minutes, someone knocked on the compartment door. From the window, I saw a curly haired girl looking at me. I nodded my head, letting her in.

She had chocolate skin, long curly brown hair and hazel eyes, and freckles all over her face. She was wearing a pink jacket and blue jeans with black converse. She didn't have a specific style, but I can tell with her beauty, she can be a super model.

"All the other compartments are full. Do you mind?" She pointed the empty seat across me.

"No, not at all." She smiled at my words and closed the door behind her.

"I'm Roxanne, Roxanne Weasley." She held out her hand and I shook it.

"I'm Lily Wood. Nice to meet you." I smiled and closed my book.

"Oliver Wood is your dad?" She asked, she looked kinda shocked.

"Yeap." I know my dad is famous because he is a professional quidditch player, but I still keep forgetting it.

"My dad is actually close friends with him, I don't remember seeing you before, tho."

I never liked crowded places and my parents knows that, so they never made me go to any of the birthday parties, christmas celebrations or anything like that.

"Oh, I normally don't go to those kind of activities, so it's normal." I decided to read my book again, so I wouldn't act awkward anymore.

She only nodded and took out a chocolate to eat.

The train finally started moving, and we were going to Hogwarts. To our new home.

****

Thirty minutes past and Roxanne and I started talking more, without being awkward.

She told me about his annoying twin and what house she wanted to be in. Anything but Slytherin.

I told her about my family, I don't have any siblings so my story was shorter. I told her that I wanted to be a Ravenclaw or Gryffindor.

We talked a little more, but our conversation got cut off my someone entering the compartment.

Three people entered the compartment, their backs facing us, trying to catch their breaths.

They turned around, so we were able to see who it was. Three boys, looking at us, their faces pink from... running, I guess.

One of the boys was James, I met him yesterday in Diagon Alley.

The boy in the middle had green hair. He was taller than the other two, he had a pointy nose and red cheeks. His hair suddenly turned pink.

The third boy had curly hair like Roxanne, but the color was different. Ginger. He had chocolate skin and green eyes, and freckles. After looking at him for another second, I thought that he was probably Roxanne's twin brother, Fred.