The Party

{Chapter Nineteen}

Abby sat on her bed her eyes wide as the house shook

Abby sat on her bed her eyes wide as the house shook. Loud obnoxious music boomed out of the speakers downstairs as people screamed in excitement. Abby laid back, her head on the pillow as she tried to read her book. Her father's voice was echoing loudly throughout the house as he shouted into a microphone to make sure he was heard over the music. Abby sighed pulling on her pillow so that it was covering her ears.

The plan had been for her, Tony, and Pepper to go out for the day and then for there to be a small party afterward. But plans change. Her father had decided to throw a huge party with a DJ, bad music, and women throwing themselves at him every chance that got. Five minutes into the party Abby had decided it was way past her bedtime and went to hide in her room.

She was supposed to read three chapters of the book for school and so far had only read the first line, sixty times. The small girl laid on her bed staring out of the window to the beach lit with torches so that people could walk across it at night. Abby had always loved the beach. The sound of crashing waves calmed her, the only problem was that no waves could be heard over her father's obnoxious party music.

The young girl jumped into a seating position at the sound of an explosion downstairs. Abby quickly made her way across her room opening the door. Her hands went up to her ears as the music got louder with the lack of a barrier. Abby made her way downstairs to find her father stood in the spotlight in front of everyone wearing his Iron Man suit. It was clear he was drunk and it slightly worried Abby.

The girl quickly glanced around looking for Pepper. After walking through the crowd looking for the woman Abby spotted Rhodey making his way to the stairs leading to the lab.

"Rhodey!" She called running over to the man.

"Abby, where have you been? Pepper's been looking for you." Rhodey spoke looking down at the girl.

"I went to my room to get away from the part, but I heard an explosion. Where is Pepper?" Abby looked around the room panicked.

"I don't know. Listen, I'm gonna get everyone to leave, and then we'll sober your dad up. Just try and stay out of the way for me and then we'll go find Pepper." Rhodey smiled before turning and walking down to the lab.

Abby turned around just in time to see Tony blow up a watermelon with the arc reactor. Abby screamed as her clothes got covered in watermelon juice. She looked up at where her father stood with wide eyes.

"I'm only going to tell you this once," A voice boomed from the back of the room, "Get Out!"

Nobody wasted any time before running from the room. Abby moved to stand in the corner pressing herself against the wall, trying to make herself as small as possible.

"You don't deserve to wear one of these," Rhodey yelled, pointing at Tony, "Shut it down!"

Abby looked around before noticing Pepper. The small girl quickly made her way over to the woman as her father and Rhodey went flying through the wall.

"Abby," Pepper breathed in relief holding the girl close to her side, "Stay with me okay."

Abby nodded not trusting her voice enough to speak. Her heart was thumping so loudly in her chest she swore everyone could hear it over the music that was now playing.

"Natalie!" Pepper yelled as she made her way over to the redhead assistant.

"Miss Potts-"

"Oh don't you Miss Potts me, I'm onto you, you know what, ever since you came here-" Pepper was cut off as the ceiling collapsed and two metal suits fell to the table beneath it, destroying it completely.

Abby screamed jumping back quickly. Everything was so hectic Abby didn't notice Happy run in and grab Pepper, so she was not able to follow them out of the house. The young girl stood by the doors, frozen in fear as she watched her father and his best friend fighting against each other. She watched as Tony lifted Rhodey from the ground and slammed him back down hard.

He then turned to face the windows to see his party guests watching him with their phones out recording. He didn't notice his daughter stood against the wall her face pale with fear and his hands trembling. He stepped forward and screamed at the spectators watching as they ran away in fear.

As Tony wasn't looking Rhodey stood from where he had been laid pulling the sink up from the now destroyed counter and whacking Tony with it. Abby screamed as she watched her father being sent soaring into the fireplace. Finally being able to move the young girl made her way over to the windows to give some space between the two fighting iron man suits and herself.

Tony held up his hand aiming to shoot at Rhodey, seeing this Rhodey did the same. Abby's eyes widened as she began to panic.

"No!" She screamed at them, "Stop it!"

Neither listened as they fired at the same time. The blasts met creating a ball of energy that, once it exploded, destroyed everything in its path.

The windows shattered as the explosion sent Abby flying back slamming into a wall. The young girl cried out in pain as her ears began ringing. Pushing herself up off of the ground, Abby whimpered in pain slightly. She looked up to see Rhodey flying away in the suit.

Tony turned around at the sound of a small whimper to see Abby. She was slouching to one side slightly causing his eyes to trail down to the large cut on her right leg. Her clothes were covered in, dirt, watermelon juice, and her blood. Her face was covered in small cuts from the broken glass.

"Abby," He whispered in a broken voice stepping towards her. He stopped however when he saw the fear in her tear-filled eyes. Her lip trembled as she took a small step backward, away from him.

The father's heart broke when he realised that he had caused this. He had caused her pain. He had made her afraid of him.

Abby glanced to her side to see Pepper stood there watching her with worried eyes. With one last glance at her father, Abby limped over to the woman who wrapped her arms around her and let her cry.

Tony didn't know what he was going to do.

He didn't know how to fix this.