Chapter 23

"Y/n! I found the diadem!" Hermione yelled, running towards you with a blue jeweled tiara on her hand. Ron was right beside her, looking strangely at Malfoy. They came closer and closer, and you tried to run at them but Malfoy snatched your arm. 

"I can't let you leave," he crossed, pulling you backwards. 

You freed your arm forcefully and you were getting tired of his meaningless threats. 

Hermione and Ron finally reached you and Draco, panting heavily and Ron grabbed the diadem from Hermione. He looked fiercely at Draco, his red face the same color as his ginger hair. "What are you doing here, Malfoy?" He asked through gritted teeth. 

"The Dark Lord's orders," he replied, raising his chin in the air smugly. Just a few moments ago, he was shaking in fear and rage. Now, he was acting like he was not frightened? You rolled your eyes, giving Hermione and Ron the notion that Draco wasn't entirely truthful. 

"What do you want?" Ron interrogated, his eyebrows dropping, his mouth opening slowly. His upper body twisted, trying to hide the diadem from Draco's sight. 

"I need to take Y/n to him," Draco responded, his patience running out slowly. His usually pale skin turned a grotesque yellow-green color. He look like he was going to be sick. He waited, sometimes jerking his chest forwards as if he was going to throw up several times. He placed a pale hand over his stomach, gripping it tightly, making his black suit pinch around his fingers. 

"No," Ron said, walking slowly towards you stretching his arm between you and Draco. You walked behind Ron, not taking your eyes off Draco until you were finally next to Hermione. You smiled gratefully at her, and she smiled back, still out of breath. 

Ron stood in front of you and Hermione, glaring at Malfoy. You could hear Ron's heavy breaths, he usually did this when he was livid. He took a final deep breath before saying, "Leave, Malfoy." 

Draco shook his head, his "stomach aches" looking like they never happened. He looked perfectly fine, as if he was never touched. He paced slowly in front of Ron, their colored eyes glaring at each other. "No, I'm not leaving until I have her with the Dark Lord."

"Well, you are not taking her," Hermione said, slowly stepping forwards gripping her wand tightly, "We won't let you do so." 

"If only You-Know-Who would let me take you, filthy mudblood, I wouldn't have gone through all of this. You would've been dead by the third- OW!" 

Ron's swish movement struck Draco hard in the face, making him tumble backwards. Ron had punched Draco mid-sentence, fuming with absolute hatred. "Don't talk to Hermione like that, Malfoy," Ron blurted, his knuckles bloody and white. 

Draco gripped his nose tightly, small bones cracking as he put his nose back in place. He glared at not only Ron, but at Hermione and you as well. But what you thought that he was going to do, he did the exact opposite. He started to run away, not towards the door but somewhere behind the three of you. 

The three of you turned, watching him sprint farther into the room. 

"That's odd," you mentioned, scratching your eyebrow slowly. You shook your head as if to get rid of the thought that the Dark Lord would want you out of all of people. You saw a reflect on Ron's hand and you noticed the diadem again. "How are we going to destroy it?" 

Ron turned to look at you, his bloody knuckles making his hand look purple. "I don't know," he said, gripping the diadem tighter that you thought the jewels are going to pop off. "The Chamber is basically drowned," he muttered, still angry about Draco. 

Hermione notices and she places a caring hand on his arm. She smiled feebly at him and says, "Thank you Ron, for standing up for me." Ron softened, and he grinned at her.