six, "gross"

the group of four friends was sprawl all over hawk's living room. with aisha on the carpet sitting crisscrossed, miguel on the couch next to y/n, y/n hanging upside down on the couch next to miguel, and hawk on his recliner.

"i'm so bored, this movie is lame!" y/n let's out, throwing herself up and sitting up right. "you could always just leave." hawk mumbled, his eyes not moving away from the television in front of him.

y/n rolled her eyes, turning to look at miguel. "miguel, i'm bored!" she groaned, throwing herself onto the boy and causing him to laugh at her. he pats her head, "you'll live. y/n's right, this movie is lame." miguel agrees.

"yeah, maybe we should go to the mall or something?" aisha suggests, standing up from the floor and stretching.

hawk groans, "fine, the mall it is." he turns the tv off, all his friends glad he finally did. they all get up and collect their things before heading out the front door of the moskowitz house.

they pile into y/n's car, talking about karate or other random things on their way to the mall. once they arrive they walked around, occasionally going into stores.

they now all sat at the food court, laughing at a joke aisha said. miguel still felt pretty bummed out, but his friends had managed to at least get a few laughs out of him.

"oh my gosh, y/n. hottie, two o'clock." aisha whispered to y/n, who was stuffing her face with wings. she turned and looked, seeing river.

he stood in line waiting for his froyo when he spotted her, waving at her with a smile on his face. she waved back, slowly putting the wing she was in the middle of eating down and using her napkin to wipe off the bit of sauce she had on her mouth.

hawk laughed, "if he still finds you attractive after that, the guy has some serious mental issues." he paused for a second, "if he finds you attractive at all he has some serious mental issues."

"this coming from the guy who wears a hairstyle that died in like 2010?" when he didn't reply y/n smirked, "yeah, exactly."

she stood up, strolling over to river. "hi." he smiled, as she approached him. "hey." the woman behind the counter handed river his froyo, "thanks." he mumbled.

"what are you doing here?" he asked, walking out of the line and standing in front of y/n. she looked up at him, realizing how hot he actually was. "oh, uh, i was just hanging out with some of my friends." she says, pointing to the teens at the table behind her. "and hawk."

"why don't you come and sit with us?" y/n smiles, "if you're not here with anyone else." "oh, no i'm not. i'd love to." river smiles back, following y/n over to the table.

"'sup bro." hawk greets, dapping river up. miguel does the same and aisha just waves as she stares at him as if he was a god.

"aisha," y/n whispers, "you're staring a little too hard." aisha snaps out of her trace, her cheeks flushing as she looks down awkwardly.

"so, moon told me you wanted to join cobra kai. are you going to?" hawk grins, continuing to eat the food in front of him. river shrugs, "uhm, well actually i talked to sam about it and she convinced me to join her dad's dojo. have you guys heard of it? miyagi-do." the table went completely silent, miguel's head snapping up from his phone at the mention of both sam and the dojo.

hawk glared over at y/n, as if she had know he was part of their "rival" dojo. "oh, yeah. we have." aisha said, trying to break the awkwardness. river smiled over at her before noticing the change of mood and changing the subject, "you guys going to the party tonight?"

"we are, well except aisha." y/n replied, her chin resting on her hand as she looked at river. 'damn he is so hot' she thought to herself. "yeah, my parents said no." she groaned, rolling her eyes as she picked at her food.

"well, uh, why don't i pick you up? we can go together." river offered, looking at y/n who looked back at him. she nodded, "yea-"

"yeah, sounds great dude. we can pick up moon on the way too." hawk interjected.

"he wasn't fucking talking to you, idiot." y/n groaned, causing river to laugh. "stop acting like a bitch, l/n. i'm sure he doesn't mind."

"yeah, i don't mind. it's cool." river answered. miguel smirked at y/n, knowing she was probably annoyed by the fact that river took hawk's side.

"alright, i'll pick you guys up later." the boy stood up, fist bumping miguel and hawk and waving goodbye at aisha. "see ya, beautiful." he smiled down at y/n, before turning to walk away.

hawk squinted in disgust at the nickname, "gross." "what? your face? i agree." y/n seethed.

"did you not think it was gross?" miguel asked, "i thought you would, i mean you told me about how you think corny nicknames like beautiful and babe are gross so i assume-"

y/n turned and squinted her eyes at miguel, "miguel, stop talking." he did as she said, raising his hands up in defeat.

author's note
next chapter is gonna get a little 😏😏