Alliana

Alliana, whose real name was Jang Shin Ye, was the daughter of the famous actress Annie Chu and a wealthy Chinese man, Jang Yun.

However, after a year she was brought to the world, her father died due to plane crash.

She was three years old when a kind and handsome Korean man came to his house and told her that he would be his new father.

Alliana, a cute child with two small buns on top of her head knew the word 'father', but she did not had the chance to call anyone as such. It would be the first time.

Little Alliana was happy to have a kind and loving father.

Every day in kindergarten, she bragged about the dolls that her father had bought for her.

In some days, she excitedly shared stories about the amusement park she visited with her father.

At another day, she bragged about the puppy that she received from her father.

She would talk about her father all day, tasting over and over again the word 'father' and 'daddy' on her lips.

She was four when her second sister came to the world. She was happy at first. She did not have to be envious of her classmates who had siblings because now, she also had one.

However, it did not last for long because her father gave more time to her new sister. Her sister was given more gifts, more smiles, and more hugs.

The little Alliana did not know how to hide her jealousy. She was just a child who wanted her father's love.

No matter how cute her sister was, she sometimes hated her and loved her.

A little child should not think long over this matters.

But little Alliana had matured early. With her busy mother always out of the country and her new father loving and caring for someone instead of her, little Alliana started to become gloomy.

It was a year later, just when her little mind finally decided to forgive and share her father to her new sister, that her kind and loving father suddenly died.

The tall pillar whom she anchored her emotions onto suddenly disappeared, leaving her alone to mourn.

Little Alliana suddenly realized. Not all people by your side would stay with you forever. So she must treasure them.

Little Alliana decided to love the people close to her more. It was easy, because there were only three people she loved. Her mother, her little sister, and Pou, her dog.

Little Alliana became a silent girl who hid her thoughts. She had nothing to brag about in school. She did not have a father who gave her many things she could talk about.

Until two years later, her mother went home with another man again, saying he was her new father.

Little Alliana who started to have her own opinions already began to understand the world she lived in.

She tried not get too close with her new father. She was afraid to get hurt again. She understood one thing, the more you care about people, the more you would get hurt once they leave. She did not know until when this new father would stay.

However, her new father, the handsome Scottish man was so kind and nice to her. He gave her gifts, told her jokes, and spent time with her.

She and her little sister, Ariana, began to get close with their new father.

It was a very happy time.

Then her third sister came.

She looked like a little angel. Her name suited her very well, Angelina.

This time, Alliana did not show jealousy. She came to love her dear baby sister and her new father.

She thought to herself, she would be a good daughter and a good elder sister.

She prayed and promised to god that she would be a good person always, as long as they let her family always be happy like this.

However....

A year later, tragedy struck once more. Her third father died.

Not only he died, a few months after that, her Pou, her charming Pou died as well.

It was the most devastating and heartbreaking year for Alliana.

She became even gloomier and silent.

Anger started to rise in her heart.

She was a good child, a good sister, and a good person.

But why!

Why the can't the heavens allow her family to be happy! Why do they not allow her to be happy!

The nine-year-old Alliana started to crumble inside. She had tried very hard....

She had tried so much to not harbor any greed or bad thoughts and became sensible and obedient, so that her third father would not end up the same as her second father.

They said good children would be rewarded. But it was not true! It was all lies!

Alliana realized it once again. The more she cared about people, the more she would be hurt when they were gone.

So little Alliana decided that she would never open her heart again, except for her only remaining family—her mother, her second sister, and her little sister. She would protect them well.

And little Alliana decided then, that she would not be a foolishly good person anymore who simply waited to be rewarded with nothing.