Ruthless

It was such a bright morning after the stormy night yesterday.

The Chu mansion stood high and majestic against the backdrop of nature. The maids started to busy around the mansion. They did it with utmost silence since the people in the mansion hated noise.

The majority of the maids who worked here were old people who had stayed since the time when Annie Chu's parents were still alive. They had watched the three misses grow up, thus, they clearly knew what kind of life they were living.

The three young misses were peculiar.

One elderly maid looked at the clock.

They were busy today because in the upcoming days, the Mistress' fiancé would visit the Chu Mansion. However, they were short of people because the eldest miss just fired a group of new maids a week ago.

The head maid had no choice but to rely on the new maid who just arrived this week.

"Hey, you. Bring this cold towel to the first young miss. Don't wander around and don't stay in her room for more than three minutes. Just knock, enter, leave this on her bedside table, look for her slippers and put it beside her bed, then leave. Don't forget a single thing of what I told you, understand?" the head maid said with utmost seriousness.

The newcomer nodded, not asking why it was a cold towel instead of a warm towel. She just needed to leave this small bowl and check the slippers beside the bed. It was easy.

She took the small porcelain bowl with ice cold water and towel and went up to the third floor. The first room from the stairs was for the first young miss.

She knocked. There was no answer. She knocked again. Still silence.

"First young miss, I am coming in with a bowl of cold water."

Silence.

The maid turned the doorknob. It was unlocked.

She then went inside.

The room was spacious. The interior was plain black and white. It looked more like a man's room than a woman's. There was a lot of mess inside the room.

The maid quietly put the bowl on the bedside table. She glanced at the first young miss who was sleeping soundly. There was an eye mask on the first young miss's face.

The maid looked around for the slippers. It was not far away from the bed.

She arranged it near the bed.

When she stood up, she finally noticed the open-wide walk-in closet of the first young miss. Her eyes widened.

That glimpse was enough for any woman at her age to be tempted to take another look. The maid was in her late twenties and she loved dresses and make-up the most.

She hesitated and glanced at the woman sleeping on the bed.

The young miss was unmoving.

She then sneakily peeked inside the walk-in closet.

The huge walk-in closet was more extravagant and amazing than the ones she had seen in the magazines, and even better than the high-end boutiques she had passed by in the malls.

There were rows of stylish and beautiful dresses. They were obviously extremely expensive. She could see the brands of some dresses. Majority of them were limited edition!

The maid, even though she was not part of the richer side of the society, knew at first glance due to her hobby that each piece of dress here must have cost thousands of yuan.

She could not help but check every one of them, her eyes drowning in their beauty and style. She came upon the shoe area. Most of the shoes were limited edition! Many even looked like they were custom-made. As expected of this filthy rich family which had three powerful surnames!

The maid could not help but explore more, blinded by the wealth and treasures she saw. She did not even notice that the woman on the bed had woken up. The woman lazily took off her mask and saw the cold towel on her bedside table.

The maid was currently in the jewelry corner.

So much! The cabinets and shelves were filled with many dazzling jewelry!

There were several jade bracelets which she could only wonder what the prices were. There was also a whole set of diamond jewelry in an open box on top. These earrings, necklaces, hairpins, rings, and more... Could the first young miss really use all of this?

Just one piece of jewelry definitely cost more than ten thousand yuan, no, maybe hundreds of thousands. She had also heard that there were pieces priced in millions. Given this family's wealth, there most likely was one or two of those in here.

How rich!

The maid suddenly had a thought. There were so many here. No one would not notice if one tiny piece disappeared, right? It was not like they were checking it every time.

She battled inwardly, but her desire won over. No one would notice anyway.