23~ Revelation

"Aera, she is my younger sister."

Gasps left from members mouth as they were shocked by what Taeyong confessed up. The room went silent. The oldest member, Taeil, decided to speak up, "How is she your younger sister again? I mean as far as I know, she doesn't know you and her last name is not even Lee. She's a Min." Johnny joined in, "Hyung has a point."

Taeyong left a sad sigh as he started explaining again. "Yes, Aera is my younger sister. Dad being the leader, other rival gangs were constantly behind him. As he started his own family he decided to use another surname for his family to keep us safe. He decided to use my mom's last name Min as a cover. While being a leader his name was Lee Jaewook but with family he was Min Jaewook. I was five when Aera was born, I remember being the happiest older brother. As Aera was new born the hospital wrote her name as Min Aera but the family register still has her name as Lee Aera, the second child of Lee Jaewook. Me being the older child I was trained to be the leader but Aera was still young. Aera was five when we were separated from each other. Me to be trained as a Leader and Aera as a normal child. That's the reason she doesn't remember me but I still do. When we lost dad, I was still a young teen and she was a ten year old. Mom lied to her saying that dad had cancer and we lost him. It was getting tough for mom to handle me and Aera. The fear of losing a child after a husband was  what she always thought about. That's why she told Jaehyun's father to take care of me while still keeping in contact and handling the gang. As soon as I turned 18, I took over the gang being the youngest leader. Soon Jaehyun joined me too and that's how we both recruited you all."

Now Jaehyun decided to speak up, "I remember Aera in those little pig tails. She was short and chubby and would always cling on to us. She never called us oppa instead she called us hyungs." He chuckled while reminiscing as he continued, "Aera will always be a little sister to me and I never stopped caring for her. Taeyong couldn't be near her, so he assigned me the task to keep an eye on her. When I finally came to talk to her, I felt like hugging her but gang duties so couldn't."

Taeyong spoke again, "Aera is very precious to me, dad gave his responsibility to me and if something happens to her, I won't be able to take it. So I hope you guys will help me keep her safe and besides from that they are planning to take us down."

"Taeyong and Jaehyun, as much as Aera is important to you, she is to us too. That little girl warmed up to us and her safety is our priority. We'll make sure nothing happens to her." Johnny retorted and the members nodded in agreement.

"Aera noona is older than me but still a kid. She is innocent, we will fight anyone who tries to touch her," the youngest member chimed in. His comment made the older members chuckle. Taeyong ruffled his hair and said, "Ahh how did you grow up so fast."

Mark was silent the whole time. Slowly absorbing all the details the leader was saying. He finally decided to speak up, "Hyung when are you going to tell her about it?" he asked Taeyong. "Well honestly, soon. I am scared. I don't know how she would  react to it. But soon, let's hope for the best. Now let's go down and start doing the assigned tasks. NCT, WE GON' RESONATE." The members chanted it too and started leaving the room.

They reached downstairs and saw Aera casually lying on the couch while watching Netflix. Aera soon noticed their presence, "Oh y'all are back." The members acted casually in front of her. As if they know nothing. Jaehyun and Lucas sat on either sides of Aera. Comfortably, she laid her head on Jaehyun's lap and her legs on Lucas's. Jaehyun softly ran his fingers through her hair while watching the movie.

Aera found his actions to be so peaceful that she drifted off to sleep. Jaehyun and Lucas's attention soon went to the girl as they heard soft snores leaving her lips. Mark was sitting on the chair when Jaehyun called him.  "Mark can please lay her down in her room?" he asked and Mark nodded obediently.

Carefully placing a hand under her knees and one supporting her back, he picked the girl and made his way to her room. Aera snuggled into Mark's chest feeling the warmth. He found her actions to be cute.  She looked really tiny in the large hoodie that she was wearing. A whole human sized teddy bear to be exact.

Mark reached her room. Opening the door cautiously, he went inside and placed the girl on the bed. He stood there adoring her. All he could think was how he wanted to cuddle her, protect her, shower her with all the love and compliments. A feeling of warmth spread all over his body. He crouched down and removed a strand of hair that was lying across her face. He saw how beautiful she looked even if she was literally sleeping.

I hope to tell you soon,  he thought and left the room.