25°

Please, read A/N at the end. Very important. Thank you.

Dedicated to IRELAND572. Maybe you can figure out Stella's relation to the Jacobs.

* Stella *

   I got down from Jaylen's SUV and carried Ademide while Jaylen carried Demilade.

   Demilade giggled like she already knew where we were.

  Of course she knew. She's familiar with this house.

Her grandparent's house.

I smiled as Jaylen intertwined our fingers and we entered the mansion.

  Faramade looked up from her laptop and squealed.

  "Broda mi!!" She screamed as she ran and jumped on Jaylen who had already dropped Demilade on the floor.

   "How are you?" He asked as he hugged his sister.

"I'm fine" she replied as she looked at me.

   "Sister in law" she nodded to me with a small smile.

  "Hi" I replied.

  "Demi!" She ran to pick up Demilade who was already crawling out of the mansion.

  Jaylen pecked me as we entered the living room.

   Mr and Mrs Jacobs looked away from the TV and broke into wide grins when they saw us.

   "Ekaasan ma" I greeted, kneeling in front of them while Jaylen just stood by the entrance, his hands in his pockets.

  "Omo mi, how are you?" Mr Jacobs asked whole his wife eagerly carried Ademide from me.

  "I can see my grandson is doing well with you both" Mrs Jacobs smiled. "And you! Can't you greet ni?" She snapped at her son.

   "Hi mom" he simply said.

  "Hi? So you can't say good afternoon abi?" His father retorted.

  "Dad!" He groaned in his Spanish accent.

   Fara entered the living room and gave a crying Demilade to me.

   "Stop crying my love. Shh" I said into her ear. 

   I put her on the floor and she started to walk on her wobbly feet. She fell on the floor and I gasped as I rushed to carry her.

  "Demi! Stop it!" My voice was firm and she just stared at me before she continued doing what she was doing before, pinching me with her tiny, but sharp nails.

"Maybe she wants to be on the tiles. Leave her" Mr Jacobs said.

  I put her back on the floor and she crawled to her grandfather who carried her and she giggled.

  I smiled as I sat next to Jaylen.

  "Emm, Oluwadamisi?" Mrs Jacobs called me by my middle name.

  "Ma?" I answered.

  "Fara told me you've not been in school for a while. Why?" She asked and I looked at Fara who's look was calm, but daring me to sag anything.

  Jaylen's hands immediately left mine and I stared at him. His eyes were silently pleading for not to say anything.

  "I was not feeling too well ma" I replied which was the truth.

  "Ehhn ehn? For three weeks? What kind of sickness is that?" Mr Jacobs asked, concerned.

   "Malaria" I lied. I can't say the reason why I didn't go to school.

   I just can't.

  "Eh ya, Pele. So how are you feeling now?" She asked.

  "Fine ma" I replied.

  "So you will be going back to school abi na?" She asked.

  "Yes ma" I replied. "Have you had your lunch?"

  "No oh. I'd have told Fara to cook but since that one doesn't know how to do anything, I decided to watch this film finish first" Mrs Jacobs replied.

   "Okay ma. What do you want to eat?" I asked.

  "Fried rice will do. There is no stew but we have pepper and Turkey. There is a little chicken in the freezer too. Cook all that"  she turned to her husband. "Abi?"

  "Yes. Fried rice is enough" he replied.

I got up and began to walk to the kitchen when I heard Jaylen say "Fara, follow her to the kitchen. It's high time you learn how to cook".

  I heard her groan and them, her footsteps were behind me.

___________

  "I thought you would tell them what happened at school" Fara said after a while.

  I continued washing the pepper. "Whatever happens at school is none of your parents business" I replied icily.

   "I'm sorry. I've forgotten how overprotective and jealous Jaylen can be when it comes to you" she apologized and I knew it wasn't genuine. She was doing it on purpose.

  "What you did was uncalled for, Fara" I sighed as I turned off the gas and dished the fried rice.

  "I think my brother has the right to know that his woman likes another man." She replied, adding too much emphasis on the woman and man.

   "I liked Gabriel, Fara, I liked him. Past tense" I snapped.

  "Sorry, I didn't know he's past tense ooh" she chuckled and I rolled my eyes, concentrating on the food I'm doing.

____________

"My heartbeat" Jaylen called me and I blushed.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"It's time to go" he told me.

We had finished having dinner and I've been doing nothing. Just playing with Ademide who refused to let anyone carry him.

  Jaylen has been talking business with his father while Mrs Jacobs was singing Demilade to sleep.

"Okay" I replied and turned to his parents. "Good night, ma, sir"

  "Good night my dear" they replied.

  Jaylen carried Demilade and put her in her baby seat while I claimed into the front with Ademide. He drive out of the compound and I began to doze off.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

  Phew!!

Special update guys.

Stella's one and only POV in this book.

What's up with Stella and Fara?.

Who are Ademide and Demilade?

Why did Fara call Stella sister in law?

And who is Jaylen to Stella?

I've left enough clues. I'll leave you guys to figure this out.

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe.
Till next time.
Love y'all.
Buhbyeeee!!!!
💖💖💖💖💖.

( Unedited)

Word Count: 955.