VIII. YOUR LOVE IS SCARING ME

I fell into the depths of another dream, yet again, but this time the dream wasn't about Stefan, about Klaus or anyone else, except me. I was walking through what looked like a familiar patch of woods somewhere in Mystic Falls, though it seemed slightly off ; hazier.

I walked - like I knew where I was going - until I was out of the lining of trees, spotting the figure of a woman facing away from me, waiting in a field of grass that seemed endless.

I could tell from where I was, she had long dark, brown hair that was half up in an array of tight braids, falling into frizzy waves. I kept walking, until I reached her, and once I did, she turned to face me, and I was greeted by, myself.

But, that wasn't me, not exactly.

She looked just like me, like Elena and Katherine, but I could tell she was neither, by the way she was dressed in a blue, woolen dress, dating further back than Katherine time. "Lyssa," She smiled, and she sounded just like me, too ; a little kinder. She was softer, more gentle than Katherine. "Tatia." She said. "I'm Tatia."

"You're a doppelgänger.."

"Yes," She nodded. "before Katerina. I'm the original doppelgänger." The original doppelgänger? What was she doing in my dream? I knew nothing about how many doppelgängers there were, about any one of them before Katherine. "But that isn't of importance," She assured me. "I haven't much time left with you until you wake."

My brows furrowed, confused. "What are you talking about? Time for what?"

"To warn you." She informed, and her soft smile dropped. "Lyssa, as doppelgängers it is our duty to ensure that our bloodline continues. We were born to make sure that it lives on."

I shook my head, unable to understand why she was telling me this. I wasn't human, I couldn't make sure that our bloodline continued - having kids was something that was gone forever for me. Elena was the only one that had the option.

"I'm a vampire," I told her.

"You will be given the chance to be human once more," She continued, and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. There was no way that I could be human again, there was no cure to vampirism. But, what if it was somehow true? What if I really got to be human again? "and you need to be careful of what choice you make, Lyssa. Niklaus loves you very much, and he will right all of his wrongs.."

"You know Klaus?"

She nodded. "I knew Elijah too, and I loved them both, just as you will." I didn't love Elijah, or Klaus, and I couldn't believe what she was saying. I couldn't ever truly love Klaus after what he'd done to me - there was no way. "That is why you have to listen to me when I tell you Lyssa, the Mikaelson brothers are no good for you, especially Niklaus."

"I know that." I snapped, already having heard that one too many times. Everyone that I cared about was always labeled as wrong for me, by everybody else, but me. First it was Damon, and when I finally got over him, there was somebody knew that nobody thought was any good for me.

"Listen to me," She put her hand around my arm, taking my gaze back, desperation in her eyes. "you need to stay away from Niklaus. He will mend all that he broke, be the man that you fell in love with Lyssa, and when he does, you won't be able to stop yourself from loving him again, but you have to. If you don't...you two will create an evil like no other."

Before I could even comprehend what she said, I was shaken out of the dream by a loud clatter, sitting up straight in my bed. I hurried up, and out of my bedroom only to find Jeremy in the hall, on his way to his room, a broken bowl of cereal spilled all over the floor.