3. The New Ghost

2nd Year:

"Lils, I missed you." Teddy gave me a hug, and of course, I hugged him back.

I didn't see him on the train yesterday, or at the dinner. Actually, I didn't see any of the boys yesterday at all.

"I missed you too but, where were you yesterday?" Today is the second day back at Hogwarts, and I still didn't hear from James or Fred.

"Let's just say James got us in some trouble." Teddy turned his face to James and did a funny face, which made me giggle.

"Well, I'm glad to see you. Anyways, I have to go now. Roxanne is waiting for me." I hugged him again and left.

Roxanne and I had homework to finish so we decided to meet at the library. I don't get why teachers give a lot of homework the first day back.

As I was passing the potions class, something pulled me from my robe and I nearly fell. A force was holding me in the air.

"Potter!" I cried out. James laughed and put me down. "I swear, if you continue pulling pranks on me, I'm going to kill you one day!"

James was holding his invisibility cloak with his right hand, while his other hand was holding his stomach from laughing.

"Did you miss me?" He asked when his laughter was over.

"I missed hexing you, that's for sure." I rolled my eyes and continued walking. "By the way, I can't believe you missed your own brother's sorting ceremony, he was looking for you."

James was walking next to me, "We got caught. I heard he got into Slytherin. I still don't get why you're not a Ravenclaw..." He looked confused but happy at the same time.

"Maybe because there was enough dimbos, like you, so sorting hat decided to put some smarts to balance."

"I thought you liked Gryffindor."

"I do like Gryffindor. I just don't like people like you, pulling pranks on others." I corrected. I love Gryffindors, I adore them.

"10 galleons that I'm your favourite Gryffindor." He smirked.

"No." I left him alone and entered the library. James doesn't like libraries so he stopped following me.

******

It is currently 8:45pm, 15 minutes before the curfew, and Roxanne and I are still at the library, studying.

"Ugh, I'm so tired. And I didn't even start my homework yet." Roxanne muttered.

"I told you, you should have done your homework first then take notes. You'll have to continue it in common room."

"I know, I know..." She closed her book and we started getting ready to leave.

We left the library and went back to common room just before the curfew.

Fred, James, and few more students were in common room.

Fred saw us first and waved, which made the others turn too. Roxanne sat next to Fred, her book on her lap, continued doing her homework.

"Nice to see you too." Fred muttered.

"I can't talk right now, I'm doing homework." Roxanne sighed.

I sat on the armchair and watched the fire burn the woods. I already finished my homework an hour ago, so I have time to relax. The room was quiet, untill Teddy broke the silence.

"I heard Nearly Headless Nick is leaving Hogwarts."

I turned to face him. "But he's our house ghost, he can't leave. Can he?" I asked.

"It seems like he can. He said he finally got accepted to a club, ugh, I forgot the name. Anyways, what I mean is, the new ghost will be arriving in couple of days." He turned his hair and color to white and acted like a ghost.

"Who do you think it will be?" Fred asked.

No one answered, none of us knew any dead people.

"What if it's Dumbledore?" James asked.

*****

"Before the feast begins, I am very happy to say that, our new Gryffindor ghost has arrived." Headmistress McGonagall announced.

The Gryffindor table started cheering as we saw a ghost appear in front of our table.

He had messy hair, freckles and a nose that looked just like Roxanne's. He looked pretty young, still in his twenties, maybe. I guess he died in a young age.

"Dad?!" Roxanne and Fred yelled at the same time. Between the cheers and clapping, no one heard them. The ghost smiled at everyone and waved his hand. Some of the kids were whispering at each other, something like... the best prankster?

"Now let the beast begin." Headmistress called again.

Empty plates were now gull of different kind of food. Everyone started eating and talking, but the twins were still looking at the new ghost.

"Roxanne, are you okay?" I asked, worried.

"T-the new ghost, it's our dad." Roxanne said in shock.

"What are you talking about? Your dad sent you a letter just a few hours ago, at lunch break." I explained.

"But it's him." Fred was the one talking this time, both of them were still looking at the ghost.

"Okay, then. Let's find out." I turned to the ghost and smiled. "Hey, uhm, Mister New Ghost?"

The ghost turned around and smiled, "Yes?"

"Can I, uhm, can I ask your name?"

He smiled once again. "I am the one and only Fred Weasley. My brother and I were the gods of pranks in Hogwarts." He explained.

Fred Weasley?

It must be Roxanne's uncle.

Roxanne and Fred looked at each other in shock. Fred was the one to talk first. "U-uncle?"

Ghost Fred looked at... alive... Fred for a second. (That's a weird way of saying it, but oh well.) He smiled and came closer.

James was next to me, oblivious of everything, and eating his chicken. I elbowed him and he turned his head, giving me a confused look. He followed my eyes and saw the ghost for the first time. He froze and started watching.

"Twins, huh. Well, you must be Roxanne." Roxanne only nodded at the smiling ghost. "Georgie would always tell me if he ever had a girl, he would name her Roxanne. And here you are. And... I'm sorry, I don't think I know your name." He looked at Fred.

"F-Fred Weasley." He answered.

The ghost seemed very happy with Fred's answer. "Well, I can already tell that we will be good friends." They started talking about George and Fred's adventures and I realized it was a little personal for me to listen.

I was happy that Roxanne and Fred had a chance to meet their uncle. They seemed really happy about it.

I turned back to my plate and finished my chicken, but James was still listening to their conversation.

He had a weird smile on his face that nearly made me think it was cute.