- 𝟏𝟑𝟖

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     THE FIRST thing that came to mind when rosaline arrived back in alexandria was to check on visenya. daryl had been gone quite a while, but she was sure that he just needed a break from everything. she couldn't blame him - he'd been so frustrated lately. rhaegar needed to be checked over more thoroughly too, which rosaline had to do herself at first as they were lacking in a competent doctor.

     siddiq was gone and alex, their nurse had moved to hilltop to serve as their doctor when they needed it. the german shepherd would be okay if he kept off of it. it was like a sprained ankle.

     there had been news of beta infiltrating the community through a set of tunnels that dante had laid out for him. rosa was glad that her child had been safe under rosita's and gabriel's supervision. their next trip was to hilltop. the brunette had decided that it was best to travel there as it was where judith was going as well as her little brother rj.

     during michonne's absence, it was her job to keep a note of what the little girl was doing. she could handle herself, but having an adult there to guide her was different. same with rj. when carl had come to mind, which he often did for her, it reminded rosaline of how much he really did miss her and that sometimes he'd been left alone for too long. at night, she often wished that she'd spent more time with her little brother.

     when rosaline climbed into the cart with rhaegar and visenya she'd noticed one more unfamiliar face. the woman was a dirty blonde, with an ashen face and dirt marks scattered over her completion. only the skin-wearers had looked like that and rosa could briefly remember that aaron said he'd met mary. one of the whisperers who'd given the location to their horde. if she was here, that meant she was friendly.

     rosita was the first to introduce herself, offering the woman a hand, "i'm rosita."

     "mary." the woman responded.

     "i know."

     then rosaline felt like it was only right that she took her turn in the introduction. first, she'd propped visenya against her chest, leaning forward slightly with an extended hand, "rosaline."

     mary gave her a nod with a friendly smile as an answer, the cart setting off in the direction of hilltop. gracie had also joined them in the same cart, trying to pull faces at the baby to keep her entertained. the brunette appreciated the gesture as it kept her from fussing the whole journey. the sun was also beginning to set, which had rendered her tired after the day's events.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     in the morning, when the alexandrians arrived at hilltop, most of the people there were welcoming faces. alden greeting rosaline and visenya as she climbed out with bags on her back. it was good for her daughter to be checked over too, and she was hoping that alex knew most of the things he needed to know.