Older Daniel LaRusso: The past is Present

Thank you @catcat521 for requesting I hope you enjoy!

  Before you moved you and Daniel had the toughest relationship, first you grew as friends, then best friends, then lovers..... it was hard for you moving away from someone you loved and trusted.

  Daniel took it hard too, if not harder. He feel in deep, from the moment he saw you he fell deeply in love. He knew he wanted to be with you for the rest of his life.... but things don't always go the way you want them to.

After you moved Daniel stayed in his room more, didn't associate with anyone at school, barley talked to his mom, and even quit karate.

It had been more than 20 years before you came back. You bought an apartment close by to a job you had recently applied for. The pay was excellent and you wanted to move, at least closer to home.

Even after 20 years you still missed home, you never forgot about Daniel. In fact you only had few relations and they never lasted long. You were still caught up on Daniel, and you always would be.

You didn't know how he was doing, if he had a wife, or family but you knew he was doing good. He started his own car company which you were proud of.

You knew that Daniel had been into fixing cars ever since you met him and Mr. Miyagi. You had also learned some karate, Mr. Miyagi taught you karate as well plus you watched and studied him teaching Daniel so you knew the moves.

  One thing you were looking for but not, you needed a new car. The only one who you really trusted with vehicles was Daniel. But you were scared that he would not recognize you or if he had a family. Not that you would mind but it would be weird for you.

  With a sigh you look up to see the LaRusso sign on the building. You knew there was another auto park, which was Cole something but you wouldn't dare trust someone you didn't know with your cars.

  Taking a deep breath you put your hand on the door, pausing for a second before entering. The room smelt like fresh cars and almost lemon cleaning supplies.

  A man that you recognize comes walking towards you or was Daniels cousin Louie. He stops for a second in shock, while you stand there bashfully.

  "Hey Louie" you say stuffing your hands in your pockets.

  "Y/n?" He questions.

  You nod your head "it's me" you chuckle at his shocked expression.

  He rushes towards you and pulls you into a tight hug, you hadn't remembered the last time Louie was like this. He always acted tough and playful towards everyone.

"It's nice to see you to" you joke at his antics.

  He pulls away "we've missed you, you should have seen how broken Daniel was when you moved he-" Louie confesses before someone interrupts him.

  "Louie what's taking so long?" You knew that voice, it was Daniel.

  You hadn't known what you were going to do when you saw him, you had no plan you simply just had to go with the flow.

  Louie moves out the way to reveal yourself, it seems like everything stops for Daniel as he sees his first love, that he never did get over and never will.

  "Y/n...." He says as his heart skips a beat.

  "Hi Daniel" you say bashfully feeling your cheeks heat up.

The stunned expression stays on his face as he walks up to you completely, "it's been a while" you comment.

"It's been to long...." Daniel states as Louie awkwardly walks away.

"So I came to buy a car" You start "- and see how you were" You finish.

"Oh- um of course!-" He claps his hands together before leading you over to some style cars he knew you'd like.

"So here we have a Honda Accord with a 192-hp turbocharge, in both black, white, and red" he says pointing to the row of Honda's.

"I like the white one" You comment as you study the out side of it.

"We'll do you want to test drive it? I have time" Daniel asks as he holds up the keys in hand.

"That would be great Daniel" You smile.

"Okay great" He smiles as his do brown eyes pierce through yours.

Daniel hands you the keys and as he does so your hands touch, that same spark that was there at each touch once there again.

This causes you both to make eye contact before you clear your throat awkwardly "I think to drive a car we need to get in it" You joke, just like old times.

Daniel smiles and nods his head as he gets into the passengers side while you get in the drivers side, starting up the car.

You pull out of driveway and into the highway, it was silent at first the car drove good. But if you were totally honest you weren't really paying attention to how smooth or good the car drove.

All you could feel and think about was Daniel gazing at you, of course you could see him out of your peripheral vision and you could feel the heat of his familiar stare.

"So... any family?" You asked as you take a right turn.

"Oh um- yeah actually I have a... wife Amanda, and a daughter Sam, and then there's Anthony my son" Daniel comments, feeling something he's never felt before.

"lucky girl" You say keeping your eyes on the road.

You didn't know how to feel hearing about his family, you knew if he did it would hit hard. As it did, but you mostly felt happy for him. He got a life he always wanted.

Daniel couldn't help but look at you, it felt all to soon. Of course he loved Amanda but he never stopped thinking about or loving you.

The love you had was just rare, "and what about you? Any lucky guy?" He asks trying to keep the conversation going.

You shake your head "none that were right for me" You say stoping at a red light, finally look at Daniel.

"He would've been a lucky guy" He comments randomly.

It was like there was a pull so strong that neither you nor Daniel could control. It was like someone was pushing you both together, until your lips met.

The kiss, his kiss was everything you remembered it was. It was filled with love, passion, and trust. Though it has been more than twenty years, you never forget your first love sometimes you never get over them.

You both pull away, breathless as Daniel leans his head on yours lovingly.

"I'll take the car"