1.Do you know who Adam Khan is?

"Noor can you please come to my office after you are finished with your dinner"  Mr

Mr. Abraham Saiid told his daughter Noor with his harsh demanding voice and left  the dining room without waiting for an answer .

Noor sat at the dining table with her food in front of her and her favourite book in her hand. Which was a habit of Noor to read while eating, that made her fill less alone. It felt like eating with the characters in the books instead of eating all by herself. She looked at her fathers bored shoulders as he walked away before turning her head to the maid Mariam who was organising the China cabinet in front of her. 

"Auntie! Do you know why he is calling me to his office ?" Noor asked with curiosity.

" I don't know sweetheart , it's probably nothing important just checking up on you like usual" Mariam said with her usual worm smile on her face.  Mariam wasn't only a maid for the house but a mother figure for Noor and loved her like her own. She has been in Noor's life as long as she can remember, and have always given her the warmth and love she needed.

" yeah probably " Noor answered with a fake smile on her lips, what Mariam didn't know was the fact that Noor didn't have a loving 'father daughter relationship' like the rest of the world thought. After Noor's mother's death teen years ago her father buried himself  with work. Even if he provided her with everything she ever wanted he was never actually there whenever she needed him. He never attended any of her school plays ,or her birthday parties, not even when she graduated secondary school or started university. Even if Noor admired her fathers hared work and looked up to him, she  still hated the fact the he had to spend most of the year in other countries for business.

————————-

" Come in" Abrahams rough voice came through the office door when Noor had knocked on it. 

"Sit I wanna talk to you about something"
Her father pointed to the leather chair on the opposite side from him as soon as Noor had entered the office. Without thinking twice Noor sat on the chair waiting for what her father has to say.

Her father have always been a direct person and goes directly to the point without hesitation " Do you know who Adam Khan is ?"

" The owner of the Khan empire? Yeah we read about his success in uni"
Noor answer her father's question with confident. Adam was almost a celebrity at her university, he graduate from the same university she goes to and was now one of the youngest milliners in the world. He was only 31 but had more success than most people had in a lifetime. He was used as a living example by her professors and  is someone a lot of students hoped to become like someday.

" Good ! I see that you are familiar with him"

" yeah! He is quite known in uni"
Her dad gave a satisfied smirk to her answer before continuing.

" Well as you might know Mr Khan and I have been business parters for a whiled now.  And I find him a very noble and well mannered person, so when he asked me for your hand in marriage I accepted without hesitation. "  her father said calmly like it's nothing big at all.

" But.." Noor started but was cut of by him

" Look I'm not forcing you to marry him what so ever, but I honestly don't think  you'll ever be able find anyone half as good as he is"

"But Baba he is 9 years older than I am, and he is not even from our  culture, he's not  Arab " Noor argued with worry in her eyes. She didn't really care about the age gap but how was she supposed to marry someone from another culture, specifically after the rumours going around about his strict family and him being really closed minded. Even if Noor was a practicing Muslim, praying as many times a day as she can and wearing the hijab she still considered herself a free person and was always free to do whatever she desired. How was she supposed to be with someone that probably wouldn't let her do anything.

" So what!" Her dad answered harshly

" Even if he isn't Arab that doesn't mean anything. He's a practising Muslim and a very nice gentleman. "  he said in a very defensive voice ignoring the age gap question completely.  After seeing the fear and sadness in his daughter's eyes Abraham took a deep breath and continuing

" Look I have known him for years now and haven't seen or hearing anything bad about him. So think about it"

" I'll think about it " Noor answered in a low voice with her head down while playing with end of her hair which was another habit of Noor. 

" Good because I need an answer by tomorrow night "  her father said while laying back on his chair and spinning the pen in his hand. With that Noor stud up without saying a word and was heading through the door when she heard him say something in a low tone.

" Please make the decision that will make me proud"  She turned her head toward him smiled slitty before going out through his office door. His last statement hit Noor deep in the heart, she have been working hard her entire life to make her dad proud. And now for the first time in her life she found something that will actually make him proud. So is Noor willing to sacrifice her own happiness to make her father finally proud?
—————————
Please Vote 🙏🏼