Chapter Four

"Who pissed in your coffee?" Dan said, walking into Tucker's office.

"What?" Tucker looked puzzled, "You know there's no such saying, right?"

"I'm multilingual and English is stupid," Dan shrugged, "Your point?"

"Multilingual? I thought you were bilingual?" Tucker raised a brow.

"I speak English, Spanish," Dan counted on his fingers, before wiggling his eyebrows at Tucker and grinning, "And I speak the language of love, baby."

"I hate you," Tucker shook his head, looking completely done, "Have I ever mentioned how much I hate you? Because it's a lot."

"Don't say that, bro," Dan fake pouted, "Or say it. I don't care. One Conway sibling loving me is enough."

"Introducing you to Paige was the biggest mistake of my life," Tucker groaned, "Why are you in my office?"

"Oh right, I forgot," Dan sat down, making Tucker roll his eyes, Dan continued, keeping a file on Tucker's table, "I need you to give this case to Cruz. I would do it, but I hate his face and his breath stinks."

"Why are you giving it to Cruz?" Tucker asked, picking the file up and opening it.

"Conflict of interest," Dan answered, "It's a case against Paige's company. Their Management Accountant tried to bribe a judge on some contract violation case, and now they've got another suit because of it."

"I'll take it." Tucker said, already reading the file.

"You can't. I just said there's a conflict of interest, which is why neither you nor I can take it." Dan pointed out.

"Paige doesn't even work in this department, and it's a huge corporation. I'll talk to Joe, okay? But I really don't think it'll be a conflict of interest." Tucker replied.

"It might not be, but are you sure you wanna do this? Paige might not be happy." Dan frowned.

"This man tried to bribe a Judge, Dan." Tucker said.

"Look, it's a simple bribery case. They've fired the Accountant already, and the company will probably just have to pay a fine. Give it to Cruz, he likes to kiss your ass, he'll take it happily. The wedding is coming up and I really don't wanna do anything that may piss off my bride to be." Dan sighed.

"But you won't be doing it, I would—"

"Can you drop it, Tuck?" Dan looked frustrated, "Why are you so interested in this, anyway? I thought you didn't like such cases."

"It's Paige's boss. He annoys me." Tucker mumbled.

"Kaufman? Yeah, Paige told me you almost cost her her job. Another reason to not take up the case," Dan paused, carefully looking at Tucker's annoyed expression, "He RSVP'ed, you know? He's coming to the wedding."

"Fuck." Tucker cursed.

"You can avoid him and hang out with Angie." Dan smirked.

"Fuck you," Tucker said, "That woman does not know how to take no for an answer. Despite knowing that I'm gay."

"Can you really blame her?" Dan laughed.

"Yes, I can," Tucker deadpanned, "I'll sue her if she keeps it up."

"Come on, Tuck, it's hard not to fall for those honey coloured eyes of yours." Dan grinned.

"Dan, babe, sometimes I wonder if you're marrying the wrong Conway sibling."

~~~

Tucker fixed his tie as he walked into Kaufman Enterprises. It was an old company, started in the early 1900s and had made a mark around the globe in those years. Tucker remembered how excited Paige was when she got a job there right after college.