The Golden Wedding

"Athena? Athena, love, have you seen my tie?" Athena stood by the door, slipping a pair of earrings in her ear.

"I hung it with your dress robes last night. I haven't the foggiest what you've done with it since then." She heard her husband curse under his breath a few times as the rustling continued. "You could always choose a new one, you do have quite a large collection."

"The one I laid out matched your dress perfectly!" Athena rolled her eyes and slipped on a pair of high heels.

"If you continue like this, we're going to be late. I, for  one, would like to not receive Ginny's wrath if we're late to her wedding."

"She loves you, there'd be no wrath to receive- FOUND IT," He shouted triumphantly.

"Well, get the damn thing tied so we can leave." He walked quickly towards the door, creating an elegant Eldridge knot before kissing her on the cheek lightly.

"Let's go see our godson get married." Athena scoffed. She was barely older than the boy and felt quite odd referring to him as her godson, even though both Sirius and the boy himself had said it. The well-dressed couple received many an odd look as they traipsed through the castle to Minerva's office in order to floo back to the Burrow. The two pushed through the HeadMistress's office door only to see another couple waiting.

"Coralin! I haven't seen you around since the Choosing!" The younger girl chuckled nervously before looking at her old Professor.

"Well, I don't exactly need a NEWT in Potions to become a herbologist." Athena made a silly face before laughing.

"You're not wrong, although it might of been the slightest bit helpful at some point. You're doing well then?"

"Excellent, Professor. And you?"

"Come on then! We can continue the pleasantries at the Burrow! Weren't you just snapping about being late," Sirius joked. Athena sent him a cross look before apologizing to Coralin.

Athena stepped into the grate first, throwing the floo powder with a loud 'The Burrow,' followed closely by Coralin, Neville, and then Sirius. Once in the other side, Sirius gave Athena a chaste kiss before running up the stairs to join Harry and Ron in Ron's room. Athena led Neville and Coralin out into the garden and towards the large tent that was set up, much like Bill and Fleur's wedding five years previous. Coralin clung tightly to Athena's side, feeling quite small as she interacted with all of the famous people at the wedding. Neville glanced at the two, feeling a little crestfallen that the teacher could provide his fiancé with more comfort than he could.

"I tend to forget that you're all quite famous," Coralin muttered to the older woman. Neville smiled softly before leaning over to the women.

"Don't worry Cora. Can't say that we all remember it often either."

"Yeah, it's not easy being considered a war hero. We all forget that we're actually normal and have normal every day lives," Athena added, giggling as they found their seats. Dora and Remus joined them soon after, chatting happily as they waited for the wedding to begin. It wasn't too long before the music started playing something quite simple as the boys walked down the aisle. Athena caught the wink her husband sent her and smirked back. Sirius took his place in the officiant's position, smiling widely at the crowd as Hermione made her way down the aisle, holding little Teddy's hand as he was, once again, an adorable little ring bearer. Then, Sirius gestured for everyone to stand and the music changed to something softer. Athena grinned as the young Quidditch star floated down the aisle, glowing in her natural makeup and simple, flowy dress. Athena let a small gasp cross her lips as she covered her mouth in sheer happiness. She glanced towards Harry, noting the small tear in his eye at his beautiful bride.