𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

I run a hand through my long and heavy hair, a small yawn escaping my mouth as I look to the television which is on the wall opposite of my warm bed. I flip through the channels lazily and cringe slightly when I see face come up a few times on some early morning drama shows. It seems like the story of Gray and I, a girl who is completely unknown to the public, and they are trying to figure out who I might be.

They have no idea that the girl, River Gold, is the Twitch streamer that is terrified of showing her face to her fans. I watch in silence, not actually listening to whatever they are saying but it's something to fill the silence with the exception of the rain that is pouring down outside. I wonder when it had started raining.

After a few minutes I see my phone buzzing in silence on the small bed side table. I make a small face because surely Will, Tommy and Toby aren't up this early. Even with the timezone switch, they wouldn't be calling me this early. I bet Tommy isn't even out of bed yet knowing him. I'm not going to stop talking to my friends because of the breakup I had with Clay. They were my friends too and I wasn't going to just drop them like that, the same reason that I wasn't going to stop streaming once I get my own place. It's something I love and I don't need someone by my side to hold my hand.

I hesitate a second as the screen lights up, my eyes scanning over the name plastered across the screen and the picture that comes with it. It makes me frown a little more then I had been the calm mood I had been in since I woke up slowly being replaced with one that leaves an ugly taste in my mouth.

"Hey River," A voice comes through the phone, sounding tired and I feel my jaw clench at the sound of his voice. I don't speak, I can't find any words for him because how dare he. That is the only few worlds in my mind right now. He is trying to talk to me right now when he was the one who broken up with me over the phone and couldn't even give me an answer. "I get it if you don't want to talk to me but I need to talk to you," Clay tells me his voice seeming to get slightly quieter as he continues to speak to me through the phone. "I just really want to explain and I don't know if you are even,"

"Look," I snap, the rage still growing as I hear him continue to ramble on. "Clay,"

"Oh," He says lightly when he registers my voice like he legitimately hadn't expected to hear me speak up. "Hey." Is all he can say after a minute and I frown because 'hey' isn't exactly a thing you say to someone you broke up with over the phone not even a month ago. "You're on the news." He breaks the silence that has appeared in the call.

"Yeah," I nod, taking my attention off of the television as I climb out of the bed. I hold the phone to my ear as I make my way over to my single suitcase which is filled with the things that I had brought with me on my first flight with Gray. "Why do you care?" I ask, making a little face as I sort through my clothes, trying to find something to wear today. Maybe I could work with the yellow dress.

"I don't," Clay says quickly, almost as if it was a rushed response and I blink before realizing how rude that must've sounded. Whoops. "I just know how you feel about the whole showing your face thing." He tells me and I make a small face because he better have not just called me to talk about my face being on the television with my friend and no one even knowing that it was me.

"Well," I say, the top of my suitcase closing loudly as I glare at the phone, getting angrier by the second. "That's not your problem anymore is it?" I ask and he stays silent for a moment, not seeming to have any words and I scoff at him acting like this. Like nothing happened and we were friends.

"No," Clay says after a little bit of us both staying silent. "It's not." He mumbles quietly and I shake my head because this is all so dumb. I don't know why he is calling me like this, we are broken up and I'm still struggling to get over him so I really don't need him coming into my life again if he doesn't mean he is doing or if he is just going to hurt me again. I'm pretty sure Will, Hannah and Gray would surely murder him if he did. "I'm so sorry River." Clay apologizes and I give my phone a little look as I hold the yellow dress up to my body. It hugs my upper body and flows down to my knees.

Yellow is definitely my favorite color.

I don't do anything but hum in response to what he is saying because it means nothing at this point. He messed up and he should acknowledge that fact, it's not my fault he did what he did. It's his.

"Can we please talk?" Clay asks sounding almost desperate and I look into the mirror. My mind is suddenly riddled with the two of us. I remember the nights we would stay up and the naps we would take throughout the days, the times he would join my streams because he had stopped streaming as much. Just small things like going to the beach together or watching a movie. "Please." He says quietly, bringing me out of my thoughts and I bite my lip a little. "I love you, I just want to explain."

"Fine."