xvi. hope it never ends

Almost 30 minutes after Benjy had left, Aurora had been bribed downstairs by Harry, and was currently sitting on an armchair in the living room with Harry on her lap poking her face, while Lily, James, Peter, and his wife (Emmeline) talked among t...

Almost 30 minutes after Benjy had left, Aurora had been bribed downstairs by Harry, and was currently sitting on an armchair in the living room with Harry on her lap poking her face, while Lily, James, Peter, and his wife (Emmeline) talked among themselves.

Aurora was half listening into their conversation, they were talking about the other upcoming weddings, and Aurora wasn't particularly interested in contributing to that.

The only other person not joining in the conversation was Remus, who was sat on the other side of the room, alone on a sofa reading Pride and Prejudice and wearing black framed square glasses that Aurora thought suited him.

Occasionally she moved her focus from Harry to glance at him as he read, and she was aware that she wasn't being discreet about it at all, as sometimes he caught her gaze and they held contact until one of them looked away first (it was usually him).

After a while, Aurora decided to listen into the other's conversation as she was growing bored, but did not want to put Harry down as he was clasping his tiny fingers around hers, and she felt her heart expand at the sight.

"Mary's marrying a who?" Peter exclaimed, sounding surprised. She supposed that was fair enough. They had dated for a month in their fourth year, if she remembered correctly

"She wasn't shocked by it," Lily told him. "Her parents were though."

"Who's the girl?" Emmeline asked.

"I think she said her name was Georgia Reid,"

Surprisingly, Aurora actually knew Georgia. Well, knew of her. She was a Ravenclaw two years above them, she had been their Head Girl during their fifth year, and had been dating the Head Boy, a Hufflepuff named Matthew.

"It's this weekend," Lily continued. "I'm meeting up with her tomorrow, along with Marlene and Dorcas, to help. Thank dear god for magic."

"Ugh. I can't wait for the weddings to be over. I don't think I've felt my feet since they started," James whined, and Peter nodded, agreeing with him.

Times like these, Aurora was thankful she just had Benjy, and now Caradoc. She really didn't want to imagine how many weddings the others had been to.

"Rem," Lily called out, pulling the boy from his concentration. "Are you alright to watch Harry tomorrow?"

Remus looked at Lily. "Yeah, I'm good to watch him," His gaze then shifted to her. "Maybe Aurora can help." He grinned.

"Only if you're up for going to the zoo. I'm looking after Rosie for my parents," She told him.

"The zoo! Why do I have to work tomorrow?" James protested, crossing his arms in front of him. He must really like the zoo, Aurora thought

Aurora laughed at James, who was currently acting like a child that had been denied pudding. "It'll be Rosie's first time going. Lois can't take her due to 'upsetting reasons'." She laughed again, remembering why the zoo haunted Lois.