The Shadows

Tw: language

In case you forgot, I am currently going on a walk in the early morning. I was slowly making my way to the river, just outside the walls.

I went here almost every day. A tall cliff that towered over the river. The trek up only took about five minutes, as the path was already laid out. At the top I sat down, beginning to draw the sunrise. I had to work quickly, knowing it would be gone soon. My focus laid out on the piece of parchment and pictures started to form. After around 5 minutes, I started to feel weird. Maybe not weird, but unsafe. Like someone was there.

Like someone was watching me.

Then I heard something.

Of course it always began to grow loud at this time in the morning, the birds began to chirp, the deer crawled out of their dens... but still. It sounded almost like a footstep. I set the drawing in my bag along with the pencil. Although it wasn't finished, my safety is much more important than a drawing. I put the bag over my arm and stood, turning.

The forest looked calm as I examined it. Then my eyes focused on a figure standing next to a tree. I froze, then sighed.

"Tommy, if that's you I'm really not in the mood today." The figure moved to a different position, but I still couldn't get a good look. I rolled my eyes. "Tommy, really." I called out. The figure didn't move. I pursed my lips and pulled the daggers out of my pockets, one in each hand. "Whoever the fuck you are, come out." I said more harshly, taking a few steps towards the forest.

Then, just like that, they did.

As soon as I saw them I immediately froze. I didn't realize I had stopped breathing until I swayed in the wind.

I didn't recognize the tall build or green sweatshirt. Not the blonde-brown locks or the black pants...

I recognized the mask.

My mind flashed back to that moment 5 years ago in the woods. The moment where I had helped a man who wore a smiley face mask.

This was that man. He was even holding the same sword.

I'd never expected to see him again.

"Well, look at that, he lived." I said sarcastically. There was silence.

"Thanks to you." He said. His voice had grown deeper over the years.

"You remember me then?" I asked him, still holding the daggers at my side. He scoffed.

"Course' I do. Wouldn't be here if not for you." I bit a small part of my lip.

"Well what do you want? How are you even here?" I asked him.

"The man that L'Manberg's been fighting." He said plainly. I waited for him to carry on, but he didn't.

"The one named Dream?" I asked.

"Yes."

"What about him?" He shifted his position at my question.

"Ever think to ask what he looks like?"

I scowled. "Every time they come home from fighting him, they look scared out of their damn minds, so no." I tried to explain it quickly. Tommy and Tubbo would both be up soon, and they wanted to go to the flower field today.

"Why are you asking me this?" I questioned him. He scoffed again.

"You have a lot to learn, Blaze." He said. I jumped at the sound of my name.

I had never given him that information.

"How do you know my name?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter." A long pause on confusion and suspense.

"Well I have to go now." I said, still standing there.

"Where, back to L'Manchildberg?" I cocked my head at his use of words. This made him laugh. Then I shook my head.

"See you around, then." I said as I began to walk away.

"You will, angel." The man said. I quickened my pace, making my way back to my house. Angel? Did he just call me angel? Whatever, that was probably the weirdest thing that will happen today, so I breathed out a sigh I had been holding in.

What could go wrong?

A/N

What....? This isn't foreshadowing at all...

Had my first ever Monster yesterday, I now understand everyone's obsession with that drink. Please tell me which flavor/color I should try :)

Currently working on the sequel to this... yes there is the sequel.

It's a trilogy guys, don't worry.

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Word count: 737