Chapter 83: My sisters keeper

Hey guys,

If you don't know already, I have created an Instagram for my books.
The username is @seriyahx

So feel free to follow and interact as I will be quite active in there!

On that note, here's the chapter we have been dying for.

————————————————————————

Adriano's POV:

It baffled me to think that not too long ago that was me. Lying there, unconscious and helpless. It's almost a disturbing sight to think that I felt time pass by in a matter of seconds yet the ones who were watching me felt the days pass in slow motion.

Despite that, is it bad that I want to unplug her life support because I'm bored?

I will decide against that for the mere fact that she will undoubtedly haunt me.

They were both knocked out cold by the time we had arrived at the hospital. It's odd to think that we have spent more time in places like these than our own home in the past year.
It makes you think if it's all worth it.
I've come to realise that none of it is worth it.

The others had gone home for the day but Sienna always stuck by me when I was lying there so I promised myself that I would do the same.

They don't tell you what it's really like being there...in a coma, I mean.  It's suffocating, you can hear the world around you and you can see the darkness inside your head, your senses are perfectly functioning yet no matter what you can't wake up.

I heard her when I was out, she pleaded for me to be awake and she didn't think that I would be able to listen.
But I heard every word and I need the opportunity to embarrass her with the speech she presented me with.

"Sienna. I know you can hear me." I begin poking her with a metal pole I found in the room.

Ok fine, I stole the metal pole from the chemo therapy ward.

I had gotten kicked out of Dominico's room for public disturbance and apparently I was abusing him.
All I did was throw a few rocks at his head to wake him up.

They're so dramatic.

"Sienna I know I make fun of you and I know I eat your takeaway even though you distinctively write your name on the box and I know that I accidentally ran over Aidens foot and then blamed it on you."

How the fuck do you encourage people?

Ok Adriano, what would Natalia say?
She would call me a whore.

"I've never told you this story Sienna because I thought it made me look weak but I've realised that when it comes to being your brother, nothing makes me weak." I begin.

"The day you were born, I was there. I stayed in the recovery room while everyone else was sleeping. I was only three but as soon as I saw you, I felt I had a duty to protect you so I stayed up to make sure you were ok." I took a breath unleashing all the guilt that had tormented me for the past 2 decades.

"But then these men came and I couldn't protect you, of course they were sent by your mother to take you away but I didn't know that. I was used to the Mafia life, I knew how to hide and protect myself but I didn't know how to protect someone else. When I saw them, I pushed useless objects to try and keep the door shut and I took a needle as a weapon. Yes I was a gangster since childhood." I chuckled lightening the mood.

"They got through the door easily, I took a knife and stabbed one of them in the leg. They still took you and he would have killed me, I still don't know why he didn't. Before they got away, I took this." I take a small pink hat out of my pocket and place it on her bedside table.