forty - seven

~ SONG: POWER BY ISAK DANIELSON ~

i promise you, just read to the end of the chapter

i promise you, just read to the end of the chapter. if you need an explanation i'll give one to you.

I blink my eyes and open them, looking up at a very unfamiliar ceiling.

I look around and see the side of my leg, propped up with a cast.

What the f-

"Josephine" I mumble to myself, but my voice is scratchy.

i saw a nurse walking past my door in the hall, I don't mind her and use all my strength to get up from the bed and stand.

My leg hurts so bad.

Using all my strength to walk down the hall I see someone at a desk.

"J-Josephine J-Josephine Katavana where is she?!" I ask the lady.

"room... 173," she tells me.

I rush to the elevator and make it to the room she's in when I see lots of nurses and doctor's around her as she's connected to many machines.

"unhealthy heartbeat, 9 weeks," a doctor tells another as they go to wake Josephine up again.

"e-excuse me is she okay?" I ask one of the nurses, something I never thought I hear myself say.

"you are not supposed to be in here? And with a cast?" the nurse asks me back.

"I just need to know if she's fucking okay" I grab her by the collar and ask her.

"How are you related to her?" she asks me.

"boyfriend, I'm her boyfriend," I tell her.

"come with me." She tells me before leading me into the hallway.

"she got hit badly, we haven't had her wake up since the accident." She tells me.

"how long has it been since the accident?" I ask her, I'm not even sure myself.

"seven hours, it's one in the morning." She tells me.

"I'm so sorry to say, we've lost the heartbeat of the baby, and it-"

"baby?" I choke.

"a nine-week-old baby, some babies this young end in miscarriages, but due to the way Josephine got hit, the baby lost its heartbeat."

"t-there was a baby?" I panic.

"yes." She looks down.

A kid. A baby. A peter.

A fucking kid.

I just need to know Josephine is okay.

"o-okay but Josephine? She's going to wake up right?"