Chapter 10

A/N: the picture gives an inside glimpse of Nadia Volkov's mindset.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nadia Volkov is strange to say the least. She drug me to a sitting room I didn't even know was there, sat down, and hasn't stopped talking since. She wants to know literally every single detail about me.

"So let me get this straight my brother murdered someone in front of you, and then kidnapped you and your best friend, then her forced you on a plane to Russia?" She asks looking to me for confirmation.

I've only know Nadia for a bout 40 minutes so I don't really know if I should be telling her my life's story. She's kinda of bipolar, I can tell by the way she switched from murder-mode to acting like she just couldn't wait to get to know me. I'm not exactly comfortable with her prying, but I prefer this to having a gun pointed at my head, so I reply to her questions.

"Uhm yes, h-he didn't exactly kill someone in front of me, I overheard him and some others talking and not soon after that a gunshot. They heard me react so I ran and immediately told Jade what happened because I didn't think that it would cause her any harm, but because she knew what I knew she got drug down with me." I explain to her the situation. I wish I didn't have to talk about it because it makes me feels guilty.

"Listen honey, its not your fault that this happened to you, my brother, he just happens to be a bit of a psycho." She say calmly and I have a feeling she must be used to it.

"I think you brother- well, I think he's way more than just a bit of a psycho. H-he uhm he told me that if I left the house that I wouldn't like the result." I tell her stuttering way more than I intended to when I first opened my mouth. I don't know why I'm telling her all of this stuff, because I'm still terrified of her yet I kind of feel a sense of comfort in talking to her. Maybe its because I haven't really had anyone to talk to. When I think about it, it doesn't really matter I'm just glad to be having a conversation with someone who isn't myself, so I keep our conversation going.

Nadia bursts out laughing at what I've said and I'm not quite sure why.

"He threatened you? Please, what could he possibly do?" She asks sarcastically as she continues to laugh.

What could he possibly do? Hmm I don't know... ANYTHING! I'm literally a captive he could kill me thats what he could possibly do!

Finally, she calms down and catches her breath then, and only then does she realize that I took the words he said to me seriously.

"Oh my- your actually scared of him. Do you honestly believe that he'd hurt you?" She questions me, but seriously this time.

I don't reply because I know she won't like the answer, but what does she expect yes I'm afraid of him, he KILLED someone. Why doesn't anyone think thats a big deal? I certainly do, for all I know I could be next victim. Just because he hasn't killed me yet, doesn't mean he won't in the future. We've shared one intimate moment together and all I could see was lust and desire. He's attracted to me that much I know, but it isn't like I'm the only woman in the world. There are so many women out there, women who would fit for him so much better than I could. I'm expendable.

For some reason the thought of him with other women is more upsetting than the thought of him killing me. Thinking about this is really messing with my head and I think Nadia notices because she snaps me out of my thoughts.

"He wouldn't hurt you Isabella. If he wanted to cause you harm you'd be dead or halfway there by now." She says in a soft voice, but her choice of words don't match her tone. I think she's trying to make me feel better but its not working at all and she notices that too. "I'm not good at comforting people Elle."

Elle? That's a new one.

"Its okay. I just got caught up in my mind." I assure her not wanting her to feel bad. It's not her fault I'm crazy enough to like her psycho serial killer of a brother.

"Nicky wouldn't have brought just anyone to his house, so give yourself some credit. He must have saw something he liked or else you wouldn't be here." Nadia assured. This time her words are more comforting, but there's still a sliver of doubt in the back of my mind despite her words. I can hear whats shes saying to me as plain as but my that small piece is telling me that I'm not special at all.

"Thanks for that." I say wanting her to know I'm grateful once again. There's a brief silence between us before Nadia speaks again.

"You know what?!" She asks in a suddenly excited tone. Her sudden loudness made me jump out of shock.

"What?" I ask her perplexed, because I in fact don't "know what" she's talking about.

"We should go out tonight! You know, to cheer you up a bit. I can get us in the club for free and we can have drinks free of charge for the entire night! You can't say no to that!" She says trying to assure me to go.

"Nadia, Nikolai told me not to leave the house or else and I don't really want to find out what or else means." I explain to her so I have an excuse. I don't have the heart to tell her that I'm just not a party girl, not that it would matter if I told her that anyway. She's got that exact same energy that Jade has when it comes to partying and that means that "no" isn't an option.

"If you go out with me tonight I'll take care of Nicky, I promise." She coaxes. She's taken away my only excuse and I have no choice but to try and talk my way out now.

"I don't have any party clothes so even if I wanted to go out I wouldn't have anything to wear." I sigh pretending to be upset about the fact, but Nadia sees right through me.

"Don't worry about clothes or anything else all you have to do my dear Isabella is say yes." She's says with triumph in her eyes. She already knows that she's won.

"Fine," I breath out over-dramatically. "I guess I'll go out with you tonight."

She grins at me with her perfect pearly white teeth. "Yes," she says standing up before pulling me up with her. She wraps an arm around my shoulder so that she can use her other one for gestures, "Tonight, I'm going to be your spirt guide." She's looking at absolutely nothing as if she sees the future and I know she planning every detail of the night in her head.

Going to a club is what got me into the situation that I'm in now. I can't believe this is happening.

Ugh! Why me?

I look over at Nadia and see that there's an evil glint behind her eyes and I'm already regretting my decision. I pray that tonight goes better than the last time, but with Nadia I can't be sure.

I let out and internal sigh, what have I gotten myself into?