thirty-three

Matti Williams

Matti Williams

Friends. We were just friends.

I could deal with that.

"So does friends mean that I can't see your boobs?" I ask while laying on my bed with my hands tucked behind my head. Across the room—Naomi sat at my desk doing flashcards with her back to me.

She had been doing everything in her power to focus but I was doing everything in my power to annoy her.

"I'll show you my boobs if you shut up." She chuckled as I groaned.

It had been four days since we made up and we had been inseparable ever since. I just couldn't wrap my mind around the way that I felt for this girl. I had met someone that understood me. I hadn't been looking for Naomi Black and she wasn't looking for me, but we just found each other.

"What are you studying?" I ask while hopping off the bed. I walked up behind her as she sat in my desk chair. I rested my chin on the top of her head. My arms were over her shoulders so I was leaning over her, looking down at the desk.

"Circumcisions." She speaks as if it were the most normal thing ever. I removed one hand off the wooden desk and brushed the hair off of her neck, looking directly at her butterfly tattoos. My fingers started tracing the outlines of the tattoos as goosebumps appeared on top of her skin.

She let out a breath and slammed her book close. "Okay, keep doing that and I won't be practicing circumcision on the test dummy." She turned around as I laughed. "So you wanna touch my pen—" She cuts me off.

"Matti. We're friends." She says as I raise my shoulders. "Friends don't get goosebumps from touching." I point out as she blushes.

"How did you do on your exam today?" I ask as she shrugged. "I think I did well. I didn't have a problem with some numbers." She spoke as I nodded. "That's because you had the best tutor ever." I smiled at her as she giggled.

Last night I stayed at Naomi's and we made Taco's. I stood over Naomi's shoulder and watched how much sodium she added into the ground beef. My only condition was no heavy sodium.