31. NIGHTMARE

GOY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: NIGHTMARE

aurora's eyes moved beneath their lids, shut in a desperate attempt to fall back asleep

aurora's eyes moved beneath their lids, shut in a desperate attempt to fall back asleep. nightmares of a certain cousin kept her awake longer than she'd like to be. her mind wouldn't stop feeding her images of the ring clad boy, stood at the end of her hospital bed. or when he was trapping her against the wall, practically about to take her life. there was no helping her memories flooding in; begging him to come to heather's party, watching him smoke out of his window quietly. she thought about when she was little, no older than five, and he would pick her up and toss her over his shoulders. jacob would run around with the girl faster than the speed of light. when she scrunched her face she could almost hear the sounds of their past giggles. rory even thought of when he left before, how she promised to herself that she'd never let him back in.

the saddest part was that she would always forgive him.

a sigh fell from her lips as a fuzzy feeling started to surround her. the tired girl's eyes slowly opened, blurrily looking at stiles' shirt clad chest. half of her face was squished as it rested on his warm arm. the raven haired boy's head laid atop her own and she tried to ignore the trickle of dribble falling into her hair. his free arm tightened around her waist instinctively. aurora grinned at that.

maybe she couldn't sleep due to the position they had got themselves into. at this point, she would've been willing to go and sleep next to noah if it meant a solid night's rest. as cautiously as she could, aurora moved slowly to try and turn around. her chocolate eyes left contact with stiles' chest and into their surroundings as she switched sides almost silently.

her eyes skimmed over the framed photo of the two on his desk. they skimmed over the tissues, laptop, spinning chair, polaroids, movie tickets, the pair of ripped skinny jeans. rory's eyes instantly widened, switching their line of vision upwards towards a familiar face. in the dark she could only just make out the long, dark hair. the tightening of his jaw. he looked the exact same as the day that he left.

she moved quickly, only taking her eyes off of him for a second as to switch the lamp on the bedside table on. the switch flipped between her fingers and she sat up.

and he was gone.

she flinched at the silence of the room. it was as though he were never there, standing in the corner of the room. her heart was hammering against her chest a thousand beats a minute and she let out a shaky breath.

"rory?" her head whipped around, blonde halo following in tow. stiles groggily rubbed at his eyes, arms now free from her constriction. the tone of his voice calmed her beating heart. her shoulders slumped instantaneously, forehead becoming fuzzy. "what's going on? you okay?"

"s-sorry." she mumbled, sparing one last glance at the empty corner of the room. "just a nightmare."

when the small girl awoke the next morning she found herself alone in the double bed. a yawn escaped her perky lips and her fingers curled into the blankets tiredly, itching to feel stiles' soft, warm skin once again. ever so slowly her eyes opened, greeted with an empty place where stiles should have been laid. confused, aurora spun around and read the digital clock on his bedside table. 11:26 am read on the orange and blue screen. the time only confused aurora more; stiles was never up so early if he could help it.

rory slugged out of bed, snatching stiles' mets jersey and throwing it over herself. the thing came to her knees, the fabric ghosting over them every time she took a step. first, she checked the bathroom for the presence of the boy she loves, but came back empty handed. she checked everywhere upstairs, even going as far as to take a peek into noah's bedroom. aurora never allowed herself to go in to the room — that was noah's room, and the door would normally be shut for a reason. upon inspection she noticed that his uniform was gone, meaning he was working on a sunday. aurora frowned, hating how the town of beacon hills overworked him.

the blonde angel quickly shuffled back into stiles' room, grabbing her phone and surveying the surroundings. there was no sign of distress. the bed was neat on his side, there was no misplacing of objects, everything seemed to be in order. except for the lack of tattered sneakers at the end of the bed. the missing objects only confused aurora more, and she quickly unlocked her phone and pulled up his contact. the small girl made her way downstairs as she pressed send on 'where are you?'. with a peek into every room she came to the grim discovery that he was nowhere to be found.

beneath her chest, her little heart was going crazy. perhaps those times that jacob had told her that she was far too attached were true. the thought of her cousin only made the matters worse.

what if jacob had taken stiles? he'd already almost taken her life, she wouldn't put it past evil jacob to go and do the same to her lover. with cold feet plastered against the floor, aurora tried to phone her boyfriend to no avail. but, minutes later, when the front door began to start rattling aurora didn't know what to do with herself. her mind immediately thought of danger and her dainty hands grabbed at the nearest object, which just so happened to be fork.

from her place in the kitchen she heard the door finally swing open and her feet took her towards the noise. the door slammed shut and the tiny girl moved quickly, raising the fork to impale the villain's neck. as she grew inches closer a gasp left her lips and the fork fell between her fingers, clattering on the floor.

stiles stilinski stood alone at the door, confusion written on his features, veiny hands full. her eyes shifted from his face to his hands. the right one clutched onto a grocery bag, the other latched onto a bouquet of flowers.

"what're you doing up, baby? i wanted to surprise you."

her lips trembled as she kicked the fork on the floor aside. she became overwhelmed with the thought of being in danger once again, of stiles going missing. a sniffle left her and she moved forwards quickly, latching herself onto the boy's chest.

"w-was worried!" she sniffled. "t-thought something b-bad had happened t-to you!"

"hey, hey," he set down the objects in his hands quickly before latching onto his sweet, worried little girl. "i'm okay, angel. i'm right here."

she nodded as she buried her head further into his chest, trying to slow her heavy breathing.

"i got you some flowers. was gonna make you some breakfast." she mumbled a thank you. "wanna help me make it?"

and that was how they ended up, a little girl sat upon a countertop, lightly fingering at the petals of the pretty flowers in the vase, and her favourite boy, doing everything in his power to make her happy.

GOY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: NIGHTMARE

i posted the steve fic 🧎