The Sacrifice

Elijah and I talked a little more before Elena came back to join us.

"Welcome back." Elijah greeted.

"How is she? Is she okay?" I questioned.

Elena sighed before answering. "She's in shock, I didn't manage to tell her a lot but I hope she's gonna be fine."

"Now tell me. What is Klaus's curse?" She said, taking off her jacket. "Please."

Elena gestured for us to sit before sitting down beside us.

"My family was quite close, but Klaus and my father did not get on too well. When we became vampires, we discovered the truth. Klaus was not my father's son. My mother had been unfaithful many years before. This was her darkest secret. Klaus is from a different bloodline. Of course, when my father discovered this, he hunted down and he killed my mother's lover and his entire family. Not realizing, of course, that he was igniting a war between species that rages until this day."

"A war between the species?"

"The vampires... and the werewolves." Elijah confirmed.

"So Klaus' real father was from a werewolf bloodline? What does that make Klaus? A werewolf? Or a vampire?"

"A hybrid. A vampire and a werewolf." I specified.

"Nature would not stand for such an imbalance of power. Therefore the witches, the servants of nature, saw to it that my brother's werewolf side would become dormant." Elijah added.

"That's the curse that Klaus wants to break?"

"He wants to trigger that part of him that's a werewolf. If allowed, Klaus would sire his own bloodline. He'd build his own race. Endangering not just vampires, but everyone."

"But you helped him?"

"I helped him because I loved him. That's changed, now he must die."

"We have the dagger now. We can stop him."

"When a werewolf is wounded by silver, it heals. An Original can't be killed by anything but white oak ash on a silver dagger. So you see the conundrum."

"So the dagger wouldn't work on him?" I asked.

Elijah shook his head.

"So Klaus can't be killed?" Elena questioned.

"There's one way to kill any supernatural species...at the hands of the servants of nature themselves."

"A witch that can channel that much power. But that would kill them." I stated.

"The curse must be broken during the full moon. When Klaus is in transition. That's when he'll be at his most vulnerable. A witch with enough power...can kill Klaus."

"What if we told you that we knew a witch that could channel that much power?"

"Then I would tell you there's one more thing you should know. I found a way to save the life of the doppelgänger. I was going to give it to Katerina but unfortunately she took matters into her own hands. I believe you already know how that played out."

-

-

"Now you've invited him in?" Damon said, pointing to Elijah standing beside me and Elena.

"Damon." I warned.

"We have renewed the terms of our deal." Elena began.

"The two of you will come to no harm at my hands. I only ask for one thing in return." Elijah continued.