Episode 15 - Tiny Little Baby Snake

"Chen and his Anacondrai army have a day's start on us," Lloyd announces as we near Ninjago. "Be prepared for anything and everything."

"How did we lose so much time?" Kai inquires.

"You know, you took an oath never to leave a man behind," says Dareth. After Dad and I caught up with the group, we realized we forgot him and had to turn back.

"And we're not all quick learners," Jay adds. "Mastering your fear to create Power Dragons takes time."

"Well, we're running out of that," says Nya. "There's Ninjago City! Hurry!"

"Hurry's my middle name!" says Griffin.

"Remember, whatever happens down there, we're stronger united. We fight as one."

"Lets do this!" Jay yells.

Dad and I fly low to the ground, Lloyd closely behind. The three of us land in the streets and Kai lands a little ways up. The citizens suddenly scream and rush into their houses.

"If we're the first ones they've seen, where's Chen and why hasn't he attacked?" says Dad. We slide off my Dragon and meet Kai and Skylar at the intersection.

"We have to get you and my father off the streets before we alarm everyone," Lloyd says to Skylar. "Everyone else, stick together and watch over the people."

~

Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, Lloyd, Dad, Nya, and I take Skylar to our base while the other Elementals patrol the city for signs of Chen. As soon as we enter, Zane's Falcon caws and flies down to us.

"And hello to you, my old friend," Zane says, stroking the robotic bird.

"Ah, you're all back," say Uncle happily. "Zane, look at you. You're all . . . shiny."

"But where is your father?" Mom asks.

Dad slithers forward tentatively. "It's me, Misako."

Mom gasps.

"Don't worry," says Skylar. "We have reason to believe the spell may be wearing off." She holds out her right hand, which has turned back to it's normal tanned color.

"But if that's true, it only makes Chen more desperate to act now," Kai says. "Everyone, this is Skylar, Chen's daughter."

I scowl, but nobody seems to notice.

"You're amongst friends, Skylar," says Mom.

"There isn't much time," I say quickly to change the subject. "Our friends are on standby, but we don't know where Chen will strike first."

"And if we're not there to stop him when he first attacks. . ." Cole trails off.

"Ninjago will succumb to war," Dad finishes. "Our greatest fear will come true.

"Then the greatest victory will be that which is no battle," says Wu.

"But how do we prevent a war?" Jay wonders. "How do we stop an enemy we know so little about?"

Zane's falcon flies to the computer and presses a button with his beak. He opens up a file, and in that file is a picture of the Kryptarium Prison.

"We find someone who does," says Uncle.

~

"Kryptarium Prison," Dad says as we approach. "Home to Ninjago's worst of the worst."

"I don't get it," says Cole. "Who's gonna help us here?"

"If we must learn how to fight a snake, one must talk to one first," Uncle replies.