Chapter 40

Kai's POV

"Do not leave again...please." Cole pleaded.

It hurts me seeing him weak like this.

"Are you okay, now? Anything hurts?"

He nodded. "I hate it when I woke up without you. Do not dare leave me here again. Want me to punish you?"

I smiled when I heard him say the word punish. "I can't wait for your punishment so please get well soon."

"After I get discharged, we move to the penthouse. Okay?"

"Son." Sir Gulf interrupted. "You can't leave the mansion yet. Remember you got stabbed near that area." Cole ignored his mom.

Instead, he caressed my cheeks. "You are staying with me in the penthouse, right?" I feel the pressure. I can't agree with him, his parents will hate me more.

"Just stay in the mansion, babe," I told him.

"You?"

"I can move to War's dormitory. It's near the university, babe."

"Do not fucking come close to him. Do you understand me?" He was so mad.
"I don't wanna see you with that guy."

"Why, babe?"

"You don't have to know. You are not moving anywhere. You'll stay where I am. Are we clear?"

I want to agree with Cole but his parents are here. I am embarrassed to even dream to be with him. Is he jealous of my friend War too?

"But..."
I do not know what to tell Cole.
"I quit being an Elite."

"Quitting as Elite doesn't mean that you can quit as my boyfriend too. Do not argue with me. I am too weak to do that." He turned to his family. "Please, can you wait outside? I need to talk with Kai privately."

"Rest, okay?" Sir Type told him.

When they left, Cole pulled my hand and placed it yo his chest. "Where have you been? Did you meet Aug? Why did he answer your phone? Did you sleep with him?"

"Calm down. I just warned him and brought him to the Elite's den. Why would I sleep with him? Am I crazy? I have you for heaven's sake."

"Are you yelling at a patient, babe?"He is acting like a sweet kitten. My Cole...

" because you are accusing me of cheating."

"Uhm...I am just asking. Do not involve yourself in the mess. Let the Elites handle it."

"But who really stabbed you? August keeps insisting that it is not his doing. Tell me, I'll bring him myself. I can't forgive whoever did this to you."

"Quit it. I told you to let them do their job. You don't know that guy. P-probably he is... he is... Uhm... he is."

"He is who? Don't dare lie at me, Cole Kirigun Suppasit!" He is obviously planning to lie at me. He won't stutter if he is telling the truth. I know him.

"Please don't ask me, babe. He was just some random guy I have met before. I am sorry about being stabbed. This won't happen again."

I think my boyfriend is the only guy who apologizes for being stabbed.

"Don't be hurt again. You don't know how scared I am when I saw you." I feel like crying again when I remembered how he looked that night when he was covered with blood. It was a nightmare.

"Never again, babe. I promise! You don't have to worry anymore. I promise I'll take care of myself more. Can we stop talking about that incident and just plan what are we going to do after my discharge?"
Cole really wants to hide something from me. I can sense it.