Chapter 4 - Thoughts

Published on 09.03.2021

A U T H O R

"Aarohi! You bitch!" Kiara shrieked as soon as the door was opened. Aarohi stepped back instinctively. Gulping inaudibly, she stretched her arms towards Kiara who had her hands on her waist and was sending daggers in her direction. "Kiara, look I can explain," she said in a timid voice.

"What are you going to explain?" she took predatory steps towards Aarohi. "You didn't inform me that you came back neither did you tell me what the fuck happened at your house nor did you pick up my phone! What happened in these two days that you thought of taking all of world's time for yourself and didn't even feel like involving me?" Her tone dangerous.

Vihaan was standing behind watching the scene unfold in front of him with curiosity. For some reason, she looked oddly familiar. Aarohi didn't know how to pacify her friend so she came straight to the point.

"I'm getting married."

Kiara stared at her blankly for a couple of seconds before starting to laugh uncontrollably. Her laughter died soon when she saw Aarohi standing unfazed with a straight face and hands folded over her chest.

"You just didn't say that!" her voice barely a whisper.

"I just did."

"You aren't serious."

"I am." She replied flatly.

Kiara was about to respond back when her eyes fell on the third person in the room. Vihaan took that as his cue to speak.

"I assume you're Dr Sharma's friend," he implied.

"Best friend." She corrected him before turning her eyes towards Aarohi. "And who's this person in our house and don't tell me that you introduced me to him as just your friend." She said with utmost seriousness.

"He's Vihaan Agarwal, the person whom I'm getting married to and nope. I didn't introduce you as "just my friend" she air quoted, "he knows you're my best friend unfortunately," murmuring the last word to herself.

Kiara had numerous questions to ask but she couldn't understand from where to start from. Vihaan looked confused about the happenings in front of him but knew that it wasn't his place to pry into their lives.

"I think I must leave now. It's already pretty late. See you later Dr Sharma." He said and made his way towards the door.

Aarohi nodded curtly and hummed a quick bye before closing the door.

"Explain." Kiara demanded as soon as Aarohi turned away from the door.

Aarohi told her everything from start when they sat in the balcony beside each other with their legs stretched and back leaning against the wall.

"So there's no going back?" Kiara asked.

"No. I've accepted it. The marriage is in two weeks since both families are very much eager to get their kids hitched," she said in a moving voice.

Kiara always found her friend's stance on marriage wrong and Aarohi knew that. She felt as if Aarohi was denying herself the chance to be loved and cherished that she deserved to experience. Her stance mostly stemmed from the fact she had to do something for herself, take a decision where her parents involvement didn't matter, that even if they didn't agree with her she still would do it. What she saw as burdens and sacrifices in a marriage were nothing but done out of love for a peaceful happy coexistence. But it was futile to explain all this to Aarohi because she was stubborn as hell and didn't understand no matter how much Kiara tried! So she didn't push her further.