chapter 21

❝she's a fashion icon❞

as punishment for scaring everyone, the chicken fight between marri and sukuna against satoru and iori didn't happen — much to iori's delight.

and with the girl's party ending, the kyoto students and instructors returned back to their school as they still had to prepare for the tokyo versus kyoto event later in the year.

however, marri did end up catching a cold, as megumi had predicted.

"do you want anything else before I leave?", satoru asked, as he truly didn't want to leave his sick daughter, but itadori and nanami were in a situation with a newly discovered special grade curse.

"you to stay", marri pouted, pulling her blanket up to her neck as her eyes were watery.

"I really wish I could, but I already called inumaki over to take care of you. I'll be back in a few hours so just take a nap okay?"

marri sighed, as she sniffled a bit, making satoru feel extremely guilty.

nevertheless, the white-haired male had swiftly left, as the sooner he finished his work the faster he could come home to his little princess.

̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

one would think that inumaki was chaotic.

and by dear god, they are absolutely correct! inumaki didn't really know how to properly take care of children, much less a sick little girl that's been pampered her entire life.

megumi would've stepped up to the task if it weren't for the fact that he and kugisaki had another mission at hand.

maki and panda were also given a duo mission near the edge of tokyo, hence they had left a day or two ago, which meant that inumaki was the only option.

"salmon".

"no! medicine tastes gross!!", marri complained, coughing as she hid under her blanket, nearly suffocating herself.

inumaki awkwardly scratched the back of his head as he harshly snatched the little girl's cursed blanket, making her pout.

"bonito flakes", he said.

marri crossed her arms as she started tearing up, hating the fever that was causing her brain to overheat.

inumaki would've loved to command the girl to stop whimpering, but that was probably not healthy nor exemplary.