xx. sheep's clothing

A persistent liar cannot prosper without a powerful memory.

xx. sheep's clothing

It took them just a few minutes teleporting to reach the village that Hela grew up in, approaching and landing in the nearby forest, roughly an hours walk from the village walls.

Gemini looked at Aaliyah.

"Do you sense her?" Gemini asked.

Aaliyah nodded.

"I can't believe she's the one behind what happened to Hela." Aaliyah answered.

"Who?" Rosalie asked.

Gemini sighed.

"Let's just say that an evil bitch lives here. I was really hoping it wasn't her but it is." Gemini explained.

They made their way towards the village.

"I really was just ready to burn the whole place down but now we have to fight." Aaliyah said.

They arrived at Lankhmar's gates a few minutes later, the area empty except for the two gate guards. As they made it to the large village gates, they were stopped by one of the two guards.

Hela stepped up, prepared to talk but Alice stopped her.

"Halt, state your name and business in Lankhmar." the large guard called out from his post.

Gemini rolled her eyes and quickly moved towards the man, snapping his neck as Aaliyah did the same to the other guard before he could call out for help.

"Do you think everyone in this village is possessed?" Balbina asked as she noticed the dark veins around the necks of the guards and their pale skin.

Gemini nodded.

"Yes, that's definitely something she would do." Gemini answered.

"What is this person?" Alice asked.

"Aswang." Balbina answered.

"What's an aswang?" Hela asked.

"Aswangs are shapeshifters and tricksters. They mostly take an appearnce of a beautiful young woman during the day, but can change their age and even species. Aswangs can live in the village with others and act like a normal human. Most of the time, that is not the case. They usually live in forests or other dark hiding places." Aaliyah answered.

"At night, the upper half of the Aswang will detach from the lower half and take on the appearance of a bird-like vampire. They seek out prey, which is mostly humans. You can tell when an Aswang is near is when you hear it's cry." Camari explained.

"But this one... we have history with. Darna, I knew I should have killed her the first time we ran into her." Gemini said as the walked through the village streets.

"What has she done to this place?" Rosalie asked, looking around.

"She's made it her nest." Camari replied.

"I'll kill her." Hela said, shaking as she took the state of her village.

"No, you, Alice and Rosalie are staying behind us. You can fight whoever she sends after us but do not touch Darna, she's the one thing you three wouldn't be able to take on." Balbina said.

"And if she does get to you, do not let her bite you. Her venom is deadly and not even your porcelain skin can stop her." Gemini said.

"I guess this is why you guys wanted us to stay home." Alice said.

Rosalie huffed.

"I'll take down whoever gets in our way of seeking revenge for Hela." Rosalie said.

Hela nodded.

"Darna, come out. Do not make us come inside and drag you out." Camari said.

"What brings you ladies here?" Darna asked as she appeared.

"You know why I'm here." Gemini answered.

Hela flinched back as the Darna's face twisted into a hateful her his eyes burning with suppressed rage.

"Don't start act up now, Darna." Aaliyah said.

"Don't speak my name." Darna spat.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes.

"This is going to be long day." Balbina said as zombie like people appeared around them.

Darna chuckled darkly before disappearing.

"Balbina stay here with Hela, Rosalie and Alice. You guys can handle them." Camari said.

"We'll go after Darna." Gemini said.

Balbina nodded.