16 | Fights & Smiles

Vikrant :

I had no idea about why Nikita was annoyed with me when I had spoke so well of her in the party.

Next day morning was extremely weird because Nikita was not talking to me and I had not seen Simran since last night. She had walked out mid party and since then I had no idea about her.

I finally went and sat on the sofa when I noticed Simran walking out of the mansion.
She didn't even look and me and left.

I felt a sharp tinge on my heart.
"So much attitude for what?!", I thought as I sat back.

It was evening when I was back from work. I went straight to the kitchen door, to see Simran.
She was not present.

"Food is not ready?", I asked when she replied instantly.
"No."

This got me irritated. When I was hungry things got on my nerves very easily.

"And why not?!", I asked turning towards her, crossing my hand over my chest.
"Because it is my choice.", she said with a sarcastic smile.

"Your goddamn choice?! Why didn't you tell Rizwan then?!"

"Who do you think you are?! AM I YOUR SERVANT?!", her voice echoed.

"Lower your tone madam!", I shouted, of course not as loud as her.

She walked up to me, her face stood only inches apart from mine.

"I will not! Do whatever you want to!", she shouted.
"Who do you think you are?!", I shouted back.

By this time Nikki, Jayesh and Aunty were already downstairs witnessing our verbal spat.

Wow, what a scene!

"I am Simran Ahluwalia!", she shouted back at me.
"And you are just an ungrateful man!"

"Ungrateful?!", I shot back.
"Yes!", she said, I could see she was in a terrible temperament, but so was I.
She held my collar.

"Do not touch me.", I said, my voice had gone significantly cold.
She looked straight into my eyes with a piercing look.

As she left the collar she pushed me and turned.

"You pushed me! What do you think of yourself?!", she instantly turned.
I edged forward as a reflex.
Nikita jumped in between us.

"Come on.. Leave him. Come with me.", she said pulling Simran away back to her room.

I pulled a chair from the dining table just in front of the kitchen and sat.
My eyes welled up when the tears.
A stinging pain coursed through me.

Not again! No.. Not again!
My mind screamed at me.

Everyone left quietly as I sat, tears ran down automatically.

No, she was playing with my emotions. That's all.

I thought, as I desperately wiped off my tears.

....

Simran :

Two days.

It had been two days and we hadn't spoken to each other. I had a feeling of guilt. And this was weirder than that jealousy.
Being unapologetic all my life, I couldn't recognize myself anymore.

It was late evening and he would most probably return.
I had cooked for him - by the way I had cooked for him these two days, because I just felt like it was my duty.

Things that I was doing was honestly messing up my own mind.

I stood at the kitchen door as he came and sat at the dining table.
He didn't look up at me. I drew in a deep breath. The servant gave him food, as he started eating I went and sat opposite to him.

He refrained from looking at me.

"I am really sorry.", I said slowly, meaning every syllable.
He looked up at me.
I went on, "I am not sorry for my reaction though, yes I will react if anyone disregards my efforts for him. But I am sorry for that push I gave you, despite knowing that you don't like being touched. So yeah, that's about it."

What a terrible sorry speech! Your own father will not forgive you after this.
I thought looking at him.

He drew in a deep breath.

"Fine.", he said, "I am accepting your apology. But why did you react so much?"

"I had expectations from you.", I said instantly, "But now its all clear."

He nodded and went back to his food.
I wanted to hug him tightly. I was missing that warmth.. And it was kinda difficult without it.

He was eating so I got up.
"You guys deserve a sorry hug atleast.", this was Jayesh who had probably been listening to the whole thing.

I flushed deep red.
"Yea.. No.. I mean..", I mumbled when Vikrant looked at me.
He took the tissue and wiped his fingers.

"I am done. I had my dinner outside.", he stood up.
"Come on, hug na guys!", Jayesh insisted as I stood up. My heart was pacing. He walked down to the end of the table, so did I.

"Hugging man.", Vikrant said as if he was completely disinterested.
I nodded and slowly wrapped my arms around him and shut my eyes. My heart was pacing.

"Sorry.", he mumbled near my ear, as he hugged me tightly.
"Nikita told me.", he whispered before moving away.

I looked at him, and I felt like all my pain and anger just melted away.
His face beamed, and I know so did mine.

Jayesh had left after smiling at both of us.
"I'm going to my bedroom. Actually my shoulder has been hurting since yesterday. You mind massaging it..", and suddenly he realised he had said slightly more.

"I don't mind. I'll just come.", those words came out involuntarily.

He nodded with a smile and went.

What was this that was happening? I fought with him that badly - and now it just felt like a thing of the past.

How is it possible?

....

Kuch Toh hua hai..
Kuch ho gaya hai..

Kya Yehi Pyaar Hai?

What do you think is happening to Simran?

Don't forget to vote and comment!