Chapter 13

Revelation

I felt my heartbeat stopped at that moment and my limbs turned stiff and cold. Eyes boring into the picture as if I'm waiting for some miracle to happen.

Where am I in the picture? Why is there no me?

I frantically search their whole feed but nonetheless, no pictures of me resurfaced, and only a few posts were left on their social media page.

My face must have looked be when an older woman came in worriedly asking in concern.

At that time, Juan came in and saw the commotion, her eyes wide in both fear and concern.

"JuJu what's the matter?"

I could see their eyes focused on me making me feel short of breath and soon I find myself running out of the diner with Juan in tow.

I step out and breathed air and forced to calm myself down before everything falls apart once again.

"I'm fine m-mommy, just a bit...breathless" I faked a smile and watch her examine me for something wrong.

"Let's get you out of here-"

"No! I'm fine mommy, really! I just felt... breathless but I'm fine! Really!" I even jumped around and let her watch me perform things.

She was still quizzical about my situation but I pushed her inside the diner where several aunties and workers looked at us. I was a bit uncomfortable seeing their eyes on me so I whispered to Juan.

"I'm fine mommy, I'm a bit scared inside so... can I stay here? I promise I'll behave" I flutter my eyes and gig her hand, swinging it as I look at her in pleading.

She sighed and caressed my head before turning back after another minute of observing me. I didn't hear the people inside anymore and scoot towards the seat outside the diner.

Little did she know, my hands were shaking so bad, my head felt like it was pricked with numerous needles, and my eyes in a disarray.

I willed myself to not cry or else Juan will know, I don't want their eyes on me again, I hate that feeling.

I really do.

I watch the people walk pass me, some were walking with their friends while some are not. Every people I've laud my eyes on have something to do in their life, have a home to go back to, a family to hug and friends to talk to.

I only have myself.

I am not JuJu, I am not Juan's daughter, I am Ju Ming.

I'm in my early twenties, twenty five to be exact, I'm from an affluent family and is the pampered princess of the Mei family. I have never suffered any setbacks although I did when Juan appeared in our lives but nonetheless, I was never this hopeless.

I want to go back.

Why am I here in the first place? Is it because I needed to smooth things out and pay for my sins? Should I make things right again and let them all have a happy ending before I could go back to my own world?

If that is what I need to do then I'll do it.

I will never accept the fact that I, Mei Ju Lin, is not a part of this world!

Well then, I'll show you what Mei Ju Lin is capable of, I'll bring everyone into their happy ending and leave this world and reincarnate!

***
Chapter 13 is up!

How about you people? What would you do if there's no more you in another world that's very much similar to your previous world?

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!