The Werewolf In The Closet..1

© 2014 by Cqari2Sweet

All rights reserved

--------------------------------------

Chapter 1

     I have a fear of the dark, which may seem silly to some.

     Despite being 17 years old and not a little kid anymore, I still find myself afraid when surrounded by darkness. Standing at an average height of 5'5, with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a sprinkle of freckles across my face, I might appear confident and composed during the day. But don't let it be night time. Whether it's my imagination or not, I've been seeing green eyes in the dark since I was a child. It freaked me out enough to sleep with a night light until this day.

     I'm Ady. You sound it out like band-AID with an e sound at the end. My mom said she was going to name me Betry, but that turned out to be my middle name, and Cast turns out to be my last name.

     "Aid, Mommy said to come downstairs this instant, or she'll come up here and pour ice cold water down your back," my little brother, Vincent, came into my room and jumped up and down on my bed. Pepsi, our german shepard, came and hopped onto the bed next to me.

     "Okay okay!" I hit Vinny in the butt with a pillow. He giggled and ran out the room.

     I ran a hand through my long hair, making it tousled. Shaking my head, I went downstairs in my pajamas, yawning and stretching on the way down.

     "Hey, Nala!" My dad gave me a big hug, shaking me, trying to wake me up. My dad calls me Nala because he says I yawn like a big wolf or a lioness.

     "Hi, Dad." I gave him a big squeeze. Then a delicious smell hit my nose. "Mom's making pancakes?"

     "Yeah, she is. You'd better hurry and eat them before Vinny does. He's the one who woke us up for Mom to make them," he said. I could tell he was serious. I tip-toed into the kitchen, peeked behind the corner, and looked around; Mom had her back turned to me and Vinny was sitting at the table, eating his first batch of pancakes and giving some of them to Pepsi. Vinny saw me and his eyes went wide. I put my finger to my lips.

     I tip-toed over behind Mom, ready to pounce on her. I got her now, I thought.

     "Aid, can you please stop trying to sneak up on me?" she turned around, and her matching blue eyes narrowed at me.

     "Dammit!" How does she do that? I swear, it's like she has a sixth sense!

     She rolled her eyes. "Now, hurry up and eat. It's Saturday, don't you want to hang out with Paige?"

     "Of course I do," I said, fixing myself a plate of pancakes. "Vinny, can you pass me the syrup?"

     He tried to be cool and slide the bottle to me, but it went lopsided, and it almost flung off the table. Luckily for my fast reflexes, I caught it before it hit the ground.

     My mom gave me the look like she always does when there's something she's not telling me. I sighed and poured the Syrup on my pancakes.

     "Mommy, can we go to the park?" Vinny asked once we were finished eating.

     "Sure. Maybe the Ice Cream Man will be there," she smiled.

     "Yay!" Vinny jumped around.

     "Do you want to come, Ady?" She turned to me.

     "Sure. Mind if Paige comes, too?"

     "Of course. She's always welcome."