Chapter 31

Everything about you is so overwhelming
When I think about you, it gets overwhelming

Everything about you is so overwhelmingWhen I think about you, it gets overwhelming

I haven't gotten much sleep tonight. And I know that Harry probably hasn't either.

Kissing Harry felt so right and almost magical. It was like coming home after being gone for a long period of time.

And that's exactly why I'm overthinking and can't sleep right now.

I'm cuddled into Harry's side and pretending to sleep right now, though. He doesn't need to know how in my head I am right now. Because, I have a feeling that he's pretending to sleep right now too. I can just tell by the way his body is resting next to mine that he is awake and overthinking as well.

I wish that his brain would be more kind to him.

My overthinking doesn't tend to lead to a dark place most of the time. But I know that isn't the case for Harry. The way he views himself shows that he is plagued with negative thoughts.

I hope that he doesn't come to regret the kiss we shared when all his overthinking comes to an end.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I feel Harry's body slowly move away from mine and he puts a pillow in his place. I remain to pretend to sleep, feeling a little sad knowing that he was in fact awake and probably over thinking. I also feel a little sad that his warmth has now been replaced by a cold pillow.

I wait until I hear him exit the room before I sit up and open my eyes.

The room is dark and when I look out the window, I notice that the sun hasn't even risen yet. It must be early as hell. I wonder what time it is. To get my answer, I reach over to grab my phone off of the bedside table to check the time, seeing that it's four-twenty-five in the morning.

I twiddle with my thumbs for a moment, trying to decide what to do. Should I go follow Harry and check on him? Should I try to go back to sleep? Should I stay up and over think some more?

You know what...screw those options. I'm going to be an annoying little sister and wake up Audrey and talk to her. She's always good at talking me through things before I get overwhelmed.

With my revelation, I slide out of bed and head down to the second floor towards Audrey and Davis' bedroom.

When I get to their room, I quietly open the door and peek my head in to see if there is any chance that they're awake this early. I'm mildly confused when I don't see Davis in bed. But I do see Audrey sprawled across the bed. And judging by the loud snores I hear, she is definitely asleep.

It's probably better that Davis isn't in here right now. He doesn't need to hear me freaking out over Harry. Especially since they have seemingly struck up a good friendship during this trip.

Preparing myself for Audrey to smack me with a pillow for waking her up, I walk over to her side of the bed and start to gently shake her awake. "Audreyyyyy," I sing out cheerfully. "It's your favorite little sister coming to you with a crisis." I add, smiling even though she can't see me.