Chapter 3

"Wait. Everyone at school watched my performances?" I asked, shock obvious on my face and voice.

There goes my last chance at having a normal highschool life.

I was extremely mad because I felt stupid for not expecting this to happen. I knew this was what I signed up for and that people were going to recognize me at some but it didn't make it any better.

And I certainly didn't expect everyone in the school to find out on my very first day there.

Why is the internet a thing again?

I lightly banged my head to the table and let out a groan.

I loved it when people said they watched my performances but I hated it when people treated me differently based on my fame and all. Some of them were too overly nice and others were extremely mean.

"Don't worry if it makes you uncomfortable I'll tell others not to ask you too many questions or bother you too much. You're still human and you need your privacy. I'm sure you want a normal highschool life" Bethany said, sensing my discomfort.

Her smile was really sweet and pure and I felt like maybe we could be friends.

I never really had friends before cause I moved around a lot because of competitions and all so having someone to talk to would be nice.

"I don't want to impose but that would be really nice. I don't mind people coming up to me to talk to me or take pictures but please ask them to not treat me too differently. I'm still a student like everyone here so I would like to be treated that way" I replied, a smile on my face.

Bethany nodded and turned around and in that exact same moment the teacher decided to garce us with his presence and the rest of the class carried out nicely.

As soon as the bell rang, I walked out of class and to the school doors. That was when Bethany and a group of her friends (at least I assume they are) including Ethan and his 'boys' caught up to me.

"Where are you going? Do you plan on skipping class on your first day? Don't worry, we won't snitch" Bethany teased, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"No I'm not. I am on a special diet and I'm quite picky with my food so I'll just go home and heat up the lunch I already made. My house is only a five minute drive away so it should be fine" I replied, smiling slightly.

"You drive a car?" One of the people asked.

"Yes, I own a car. No, my parents didn't buy it for me I bought it with my own money. Yes, I can legally drive cause I'm sixteen" I replied before I could think while pure boredom made an appearance on my face.

I am all too used to the questions that people ask when they find out I drive that it became an automatic response whenever the topic is brought up.

Bethany started laughing and Ethan chuckled and as much as I hate to admit it, he looked hot doing so.

I didn't wanna be late so I just waved them goodbye and drove back home.

Once I got home and finished eating I went back to school and found out it was still lunch break since it was scheduled for one hour so I just walked around memorizing the corridors and my way around school.

The last stop was the cafeteria so I just pushed the doors open and as soon as I walked in everybody's eyes were on me.

'Why do I feel like I've been put in some kind of movie or novel or something?' I asked myself, awkwardly staring at the people there.

The silence was long and the atmosphere was so thick you could cut through it with a knife. I felt a little embarrassed by all the attention.

"Are you Jane Grayson? The ballerina?" one of the people asked but I couldn't pinpoint who it was.

I hesitated for a bit a second. The truth was bound to come out at one point so I decided to just go with it.

"Yes" I replied.

Again, silence, everybody kept looking at each other, some people were confused, others were smiling and Ethan was smirking.

Why are the people with the horrible personalities good looking?

Did I just judge his whole personality based on one encounter?

Yes.

I just stood there cause I didn't know where to go or sit.

Soon everyone started asking me questions about myself, my passion, my hobbies and a lot of other things. They were really nice and respectful so that was really a plus, it did however feel like I was being interviewed but I said nothing about it, it was just normal curiosity.

I was new and a 'celebrity' or some sorts.

Soon half an hour passed by and by that time everyone was done with asking questions.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" someone asked and by the very demanding and entitled tone I immediately recognized Ethan's voice.

"No"

Right after my answer the bell rang and everybody walked out.

While Ethan was heading out the doors he leaned down and whispered in my ear.

"The good girl always falls for the bad boy"

What. Did. He. Just. Say.

----------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of this chapter? I personally don't know but everything is finally getting started! We're done with the boring part (okay not really those are necessary for the story but still) and we're moving on to how it all starts.
What do you think of the pace of the story? Is it too slow or too fast? Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Again, if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes please tell me so I can fix them as soon as possible!

-Alexandra Banger