The Dorms Demon

"Hello Tanjiro Kamado, " a body with a distinct demon smell said rising from the darkness.  "Who are you and what do you want?" Tanjiro said pulling out his sword and pointing it towards the figure.  "None of your business, " the figure said with anger lunging at him and the mother and child behind him.  Tanjiro lock his hit with his sword and turned behind him.  Go to the kitchen hide somewhere a cabinet under a chair.  Just hide somewhere for cover I will come to get you when I am done, " Tanjiro says looking at the two behind him runoff.  It is just you and me now, " Tanjiro grimaced and he twists his ankle as the demon jumps off of the guarded block.  "Oh, I guess it is, " the demon smirked and he activates his demon art skills.  The room filled with smoke making it hard to see.  Tanjirou ripped his shirt and covered his mouth blocking out the smell.  His body started to feel heavy and it made his moves slower.  He closed his eyes and he smelled through the air, but the smoke masked the demons sent.  Tanjiro looked around suddenly from behind the demon jumped out and attack scratching this face right over his eye.  

Tanjiro started to bleed heavily and the demon disappeared into the smoke again.  Tanjiro fixed his breathing and stance.  He gripped his sword and thoughts flowed through his mind.  "Hey, this world has quirks, right?" Tanjiro asked even though he knew the answer speaking himself with an idea.  "Yes?" Julie answered.  (idk if I said Ash's mom's name it is Julie Yoarashi sorry).  "What are your quirks?" Tanjiro said being attacked this time Tanjiro could faintly hear him and was able to block the attack in the nick of time almost losing his head.  "My quirk is mist.  It is simple I can make I mist from my hands and my son has the same quirk as his brother he can use air he can move it around and control it, "  Julie replied yelling a bit to get the sound to him.  "Perfect, can you create some mist my water breathing art works with water from the air, but the smoke doesn't have enough water in the air, " Tanjiro said being attacked again cutting his arm causing him to bleed all over the floor.  Soon Mist filled in with the smoke the air became a bit more clear and Tanjiro could see a faint shadow through the mist, but it wasn't clear enough to track with his eyes. Tanjiro closed his eyes and tear fell from them from the smoke in his eyes.  "Thank you, " Tanjiro turned towards where the kitchen is and then turned back.  He searched and after a minute the shuffling around him stopped and he could sense the opening string.  The string was right in front of him moving towards him in the air now.  He grabbed his sword releasing smoke from his mouth.  Tanjiro stepped to the side out of his aim and jumped slicing his head off from behind.  He grimaced in pain from the movement and he landed roughly on the ground.  He walked to the decaying demon and bowed his head closing his eyes then opening them as he was almost completely gone.

The smoke cleared up and he looked around.  Tanjiro grabbed his arm and lifted his ankle from under him setting it in front of him being careful not to move it.  "This guy was able to mess with time with his smoke, but for some reason, we weren't completely affected by it.  That kid can't completely control his quirk can he?" Tanjiro asked the mother and his son who came out from the kitchen.  Ask hugged Tanjiro tightly and Ash's mother sat beside him with a kitchen towel cleaning off Tanjiro.  "No,  he just got it a while ago why do you ask?" Julie replied after getting up and getting a first aid kit from the kitchen and more towels with a wetted cloth.  "I have an idea of why we weren't completely affected by his demon blood art, " Tanjiro closed his eyes sensing the aura of Ash and his mother along with himself slightly.  "I was right, this kid saved us.  His quirk is not completely under control, so some air shits around people he cares about.  Most likely there is a radius and limit to how he can do this.  For instance, the smoke got in my eyes, but not my lungs.  The smoke weighed down my body with the time control, but it didn't completely stop me from moving.  In the end, he is one of the reasons we aren't dead right now.  Along with your mist allowing me to be able to sense the opening string.  Thank you both," Tanjiro wrapped up his long talk and pats Ash's head.