Chapter Fourteen

As Kageyama sat down on the bench, your suspicions about his mood were more accurate than you thought. You tap on his shoulder and he jerks his head up to you, glaring. Chills travel down you spine for a moment before you try to talk to him.

You give him a thumbs up with a questioning look, as if to ask if he was okay. He looks back down, hiding his face and shaking his head. You gently pat his back, comfortingly.

You push his hair out of his face and see he is fighting back tears. You motion to Kiyoko that you would be leaving with Kageyama for a moment and motioned for the setter to follow you.

You lead him away from the gym and find a bench for the two of you to sit on. You take a seat and gently pat the space next to you. You sat him down and wipe the few tears that managed to escape.

"Your being so nice, it almost doesn't feel right. I mean, you couldn'teven tell me to shut up if you didn't want to hear me" You look at him confused was there some kind of history between him and the students of Aoba Johsai? You didn't know. You brush the hair out of his face again and look at him with a sweet smile, showing him it was okay.

"I went to school with many players of the Aoba Johsai team. I was stubborn and powerful, but all I knew how to do was yell and order them around on the court. We would have won that last match together, but they refused to go after the ball. My set fell to the ground and I was completely cut out of their lives, not even allowed to attend their school. The still remind me of those days and I guess-"

You wrap his arms around him as his tears start to fall harder. You felt horrible for him, but could see in his interactions with the teammates that he had changed greatly since then. You release the hug and reach for your notebook.

"Your a new person now. Your team won't leave you again."

~~~Time Skip: After the Set~~~

When you and Kageyama arrive back at the gym, Coach Ukai puts him back in the game and thanks you for your help. Karasuno was strong again and though you couldn't manage to win the set, it finished 26-24, a close game in the least.

Kageyama comes up to you, and thanks you and you smile back. The next set was between Aoba Johsai and Fukurodani, so you leave the gym with Kiyoko and Yachi to start prepping for lunch.

When the others join, you help with the first rush of hungry teenaged boys and eat yourself before returning to the gym. You practice spiking against the wall until you brother returns.

"Jeez, your already getting active. Did you even eat?"

Of course I did! I was eating while making plates for you boys like the other girls!

"Sure. Now come on, I think everyone else is eating still, but there's plenty of time for us to set up a few spikes if you want?"

You nod and immediately pass the ball you were using to your brother. He tosses it up and receives it, passing it to you as he runs up to the net. You set it towards him and he sends it flying over the net with a loud slam.

After repeating this a few more times, Bokuto and Oikawa walk in taking position on the other side of the net. "How does a 2v2 sound? It seems you are already set for one, and I want to know why Bokuto is so determined to be you, Y/N."

You sign back to him and smile. Hell yeah! He smiled and grabbed a ball, backing up to serve. Receive the ball sending it straight over the net. For most this may be an idiots move, but you knew Kei might not be comfortable with setting. You watch as the two smile and prepare a spike and you immediately shut them down.

As a baffled Oikawa tries to process what just happened, you turn you back to the net and sign to your brother about how to block that in the future, though Oikawa couldn't see with you turned away.

Kei served next and it was easily received. You get in position to block while Kei stayed back to receive just in case when you notice the change in Oikawa's eyes. You catch his setter dump with your foot and send it straight towards the side. Your brother noticed your moved and jumped, luckily able to spike it, scoring another point, the match ended 25-3 and you immediately giggled. You glanced at the clock and noticed that practice would resume soon so you deny the requests of a rematch and skipped to your bench, preparing to take notes of the next practice set.