S. Gojo - Prove It (part two)

Gojo often didn't depend on people. Or rather, he didn't think anyone would be interesting enough to depend on.

Being in school, having a job, and just living life was all he needed. Yeah, of course he had acquaintances. A lot of them to say the least, but none of them were people he really cared to be with.

He gets invited places, but his ego never lets him live down the fact that he instinctively wants to be better then everyone there. Gojo lives on a cocky pedestal where he breathes to prove himself better then the best.

When he met you for the first time however, none of those feelings rushed into his head. Instead, his initial reaction was to help you because you looked scared. Not to pull moves on you. Not to seem more respectable to his peers. Simply to help.

Well, that may be a lie, he did want to pull moves on you. He has to admit that he could barely take his eyes off of you. Honestly, he's not one to really care about someone at first sight, but you incited a feeling of comfort within him.

But then he got too confident, too loud, and yelled about taking you on a date. It was honestly a shock when you said yes, but he still lit up with excitement.

Now he was expressing that excitement to Nanami, who looked about one word away from slamming his skull into the counter.

"And so that's why I'm taking the day off!" Gojo concludes loudly, pointing his thumb at himself.

"Gojo, I really don't care. Just please don't draw away customers with your loud antics." Nanami replies, rubbing his temple and glancing at the customers who were looking at the two with confusion.

"As your elder, I will be your roll model and teach you how a true date works!"

"No, you won't do that."

Gojo goes to quip back but is interrupted by the bell over the door ringing quietly, signaling a new arrival. He looks over his shoulder to see you walking up to the counter, putting your earbuds in your pocket as you walk.

"Oo~ Nanami, Nanami, they're here." Gojo whispers excitedly.

"I can see that."

You walk to stand next to Gojo, throwing up a hand to wave, "Hey. Are you ready?"

"I should be the one asking you." The white haired man replies.

"Well you're just not quick enough then. Minus points."

"Minues points?! What?"

You just smile, turning to Nanami, "Hey, I'm Y/N. I'll be taking this dork off your hands for a while."

"Thank you. So much." He says, nodding.

Gojo watches the exchange with an open mouth, swiveling his head to look between you two.

"Why are you all buddy buddy now?"

You turn your attention to him, "I'm being polite."

He rolls his eyes, "Whatever. Let's go! I have things to prove!" Grabbing your wrist, he tugs you back toward the enterance.

Once you get outside, you say, "What if I wanted a drink while we were in there? Minus points."

"Hey!" He pouts, "That doesn't count."

"Yeah yeah, I'm just joking."

Gojo's smile returns, and he looks down at his fingers that were still wrapped around your wrist. Quickly, he moves his hand down to lace his fingers with yours.

You look down with shock, but shrug and tighten your fingers around his in response.

"So! Where are we going?" You ask, swinging your clasped hands as you both start walking in the opposite direction then you went yesterday.