Author's Introduction to the Reader

Welcome to Unfettered: The Second Edition, the first book in the "Unfettered" series. Please start here before you venture to book two - Unbroken, or book three - Undaunted.

As most of you know, the first edition of this series was published in late 2020/early 2021 as an informal passion project. But thanks to the unbelievable support from the readers, I have decided to spend the time this series deserves going through true edits. This is the result. The Second Edition is still the same story you love, but with new cover art, fewer typos and grammatical errors, and even a few new bonus scenes!

Some important things to know about this book BEFORE YOU READ:

1. There is frequent, explicit sexual content. If you aren't comfortable with this, or if you are under 18 years of age, please consider finding another story. That said, all chapters with explicit sexual content are designated with asterisks to enable easy skipping for those looking for a clean, exciting adventure.

2. There are spoilers for the MCU, primarily through the first Avengers movie. Please don't read if you don't want spoilers.

3. This series takes place immediately after Loki's attack on New York City. As such, I have clearly altered the Marvel timeline and am taking my own liberties with the plot. However I do try to stick as close to canon facts and Norse mythology where possible.

4. The first edition of this book had a total word count of about ~79,840. This second edition has doubled in word count, with a total of 155,304 words! That's almost exactly the same as a couple of my favorite novels like Oliver Twist, Watership Down, and Eragon!

6. Obviously, I don't own anything here besides the plot and the original characters.

7. To create a seamless reading experience, I won't be leaving notes in the chapters (beginning or end). But I'd love for you to! Please leave your commentary, thoughts, and votes to help me understand where I'm doing things well, and where I can improve.

8. My gift to you - my own personal Loki Laufeyson playlist. Not so much for reading, but for any time you feel misunderstood, frustrated, or a little lonely - https://tinyurl.com/LokiPlaylist

9. A very special thank you to my Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Diamond level Valkyries, as well as to my chapter sponsors. It is you who have made this book possible, and I am grateful for you each and every day. For those interested in learning how to become a sponsoring Valkyrie, please message me or checkout the Valkyrie Shop in my bio.

And if you love listening to music while you read, here are a few mixes I had on repeat as I wrote this book. I hope you enjoy!

Finally, thank you dear reader for taking the time to read through this series. It is near and dear to my heart.

XOXO,

T.H.R