I CLARY A NEW RUNE

Alright just to clear any confusion,this story is set 2 months after City of Heavenly Fire and 1 month after Clockwork Princess. Will and Tessa are together. So are Gabriel and Cecily. Jem won't be there at first but soon will. He is a Silence Brother though. Sorry for all you Jem lovers. Sophie and Gideon are also together and from what I recollect, she ascended and is now a shadowhunter. As for all you Simon lovers out there he has all his memories back and is a shadowhunter. Hope you all enjoy my story. Remember fav, comment, vote, and follow. Thanks. Now on with the story.

Everything was starting to get back to normal. It had been 2 months since Sebastian had died and Simon losing his memory. After Simon went back to the mortal world and called his band The Mortal Instruments, we knew he might've remembered something. It had made it harder because we couldn't tell him who he once was. I had invited him to my mom's wedding and wasn't really expecting him to show up. But after he showed up at the wedding I was ecstatic. So was Isabelle, by the looks of it. So after that night Simon started to train. The next few weeks Simon started to remember more often. Within the next 2 months he had all his memories back and was a fine shadowhunter. He would train with Isabelle or me during the day. And eventually he became very good. Not as good as Jace or Isabelle or Alec, but still. . . . . .
"Hey Clary. Earth to Clary. You there?" Simon stated bringing her back into reality.
"Yea, I'm here." She said.
"What are you drawing?" he said as he pointed to the picture.
"I don't know; some kind of rune I suppose," I said. Which was true. I really didn't. It looked like a normal rune, but it had a weird language scrawled
around the bottom of it and the year 1879.
"It looks like a regular rune," he stated.
"Thank you, Captain Obvious," I said.
"Just trying to help," he said with a half-apologetic smile. "Does anyone else know about this rune?"
"No, although I think I might have just invented a new rune." It was true I haven't seen one like it, although, I was pretty sure I knew what the rune was for. I have to talk to Magnus about that later.
"Well, do you want my opinion?"
"Always," I say sarcastically.
"Now no need for sarcasm. Do you want it or not?
"There is always a need for sarcasm, Simon."
"Touché, but seriously do you want my opinion or not?
"Go ahead," I say exasperated.
He seems to notice this and says,"Well, for starters, that language around the bottom of it looks like Latin."
"Oh really? You know that how?"
"Studied it during class. Anyway if I'm not mistaking then that says,'London 1879'."
"Well, anyway, I am going to ask Magnus. See if he knows anything about what I just created."
"Oh, and one more thing,Simon said as he was walking toward the greenhouse's door, don't forget about the club tonight.
"Yeah, ok. Thanks."I replied.
I loved the greenhouse. It was one of my favorites places at the institute. I would almost always come up here to draw. I have been drawing the same rune for days. Something Simon said suddenly struck.
The club. I had forgotten we were actually going tonight. I look on my watch and decipher that I have one hour to get ready. I sighed as I walked out the door. As I was turning around the corner, I ran into Jace. Me being clumsy, I fell. Before I could fall onto the ground, though, Jace caught me.
"Seriously, we really do have to stop meeting like this." he says as he was putting me back up on my feet. Why couldn't I get some of his grace, I thought.
"Yes, but I thought you like meeting like this," I say with a pout.
"Be that as it may, I have things to do at the moment."
"Oh really, like what" I say raising an eyebrow.
"Well, I must get ready for the club and by the looks of it, so do you. Unless of course you are going dressed like that." He adds with a playful smile.
"Well then, I must go and get ready for the club." I say as I walk away. Before I get to far he says," Don't forget about our plan."
As I turn around to retort my answer he is gone. I sigh and continue on to my room.
I hate the plan. Supposedly Isabelle and I were to con some demons into different rooms with us. Then Jace and Simon were to sneak in behind us and kill the demon. Preferably before it makes a move.
Once I'm there I quickly take a shower and try to decide what I am going to wear. I have absolutely nothing to wear. 20 minutes left, I decide to call Isabelle. She always seems to know what works for me. She's there in a blink of an eye.
"Today is your lucky day." She says excitedly.
"Oh really, how so?" I question.
"Because I have got the perfect outfit for you to wear." To prove her point, she pulled out a black thigh-length dress. It was cut at the bottom into a slant. It ended just above my knee. The shorter side was a little to short for my taste perhaps because it started above mid-thigh but Isabelle liked it. I decided it was best not to comment on her sense of fashion. She had a black leather jacket and some tights? Leggings? She also had some specially designed black leather high heel boots. That way if needed I could run without falling. I was taller too. I had hid a few seraph blades in my boots and had my shortsword tucked in to it sheath hidden in my jacket. My jacket was long so it could hid it. My blade was named Heophoros which means dawn-bringer. It was part of a matched set. Anyway, back to reality. Isabelle had put my hair up with pins in a messy bun. Isabelle was wearing an outfit much like mine only her heels was taller. Nothing under 7 inches she says. She too has concealed a few seraph blades. She also had her wondrous whip which decorated her right wrist. As we were heading down to the steps of the institute we ran into Alec. He and Isabelle talked for a few and wished us luck. Since Alec was officially 18 he was posed to run the New York Institute. Jocelyn would sometimes help when he needed it. Also there were some other shadowhunters at the institute that would help who were older and would run the place if Alec was absence. None of them were there so Alec had to stay behind. But Magnus was with him so that was a plus. So we was off for some demon killing.
Once we reached the steps we were greeted by our wonderful boyfriends. Simon greeted Isabelle and Jace greeted me. Jace pulled the pins out of my hair once more and asked,"When are you going to learn that you don't have to put your hair up to be pretty. Especially when we go demon killing."
"Well, I don't want to be too pretty because I do have a boyfriend who certainly won't stand if a demon evens looks at me." I say mockingly.
"Be that as it may, I must restrain so we can put the plan into action." He states as he pulls the remaining pins out of my hair."But, he added as an afterthought, once we trap it I can torture it for looking and following my girlfriend." He says with an evil smirk. He puts them on the table which earned a death glare from Isabelle for ruining her masterpiece. I giggled to myself as he smirked again.
"So are we ready." I say trying to get that rune off my mind. I had been drawing it for about 2 weeks. It would always find itself in my mind welcomed or not. I pushed it out of my mind once more and walked off with Jace's arm around my waist. Simon did the same with Isabelle and we walked to the club.
Just a few steps away from the entrance we glamoured our selves. Then we walked inside. Simon pulled me to the side and started talking about the rune again. I wasn't up for it so I quickly dismissed him. After the boys disappeared,Isabelle and I went to work. Almost immediately we had caught the eyes of two guys. One had bright green hair and startling green eyes. The other one had dark red hair and black eyes. We knew they were demons. Shape-shifters. You could tell by their eyes being poison green and shadow black. I got the green boy and Izzy got the red haired one. I saw Jace and Simon traveling just out of throwing distance. I lured my to a maintenance room and Izzy lured hers to a supply closet. Is that her thing or what? I wondered. I saw Jace's face glow with rage but he was patiently waiting for the kill. After we entered the room, the demon started to talk. It said with murderous glee," The rune you speak of is quite intriguing." "I can answer your questions you might have for this rune for a price.He said while moving closer to me. I had to resist the urge to move away or strike. How did he know about the rune? He continued as if he was flirting with me which i assume would have Jace flying through the door in the matter of a seconds. "What are you, my pretty one?" I was right. As soon as those words left the demon lip's, Jace came flying through the door. The demon made the mistake of turning around. I grabbed the demon from behind and spun him toward Jace which wasn't hard since he was already facing him. Jace held him while I said,"One I am not your pretty one and two I'm taken." As I was just about to go for the kill he started mumbling about the rune again. I told Jace to hand him to me and he could kill this demonic creature. I was tired of his noisiness and really wished he would shut-up. He did after a minute. Which was because Jace had sliced his head off and therefore he couldn't talk anymore so all well and good, I guess. Jace gave me a look that said, new rune? Did you create it? and I mouthed back yea, I tell you later.
After we finished our demon we went to see how Isabelle and Simon was doing. I walked to the closet where Isabelle had gone and leaned in. I had scrawled on a hearing rune to let me listen in. Isabelle had the demon wrapped up in her whip by the sounds the demon made as it bit into his skin. It started talking about the rune as Isabelle tighten her grip on the demon. I drew out my stele and moved it into a square. Just as Jace had done so long ago. It cleared and soon we were listening in and watching their next moves. The demon started to talk to Simon as it tried to struggle free of Isabelle's whip. It told Simon"This rune you speak of, shadowhunter. I can tell you what it does. I can give you information on it. All you have to do is get you beautiful girlfriend to untie me." Simon really wished that the demon would shut up. That much I could tell.
Isabelle looked baffled but she managed to turn that into a sneer as she spoke,"We don't need information on this rune, you speak of," shooting Simon a puzzled and accusing glare before she continued,"And so," she tighten the whip around his wrists. I hadn't noticed but it seemed to wrap around his wrists like prison cuffs. Simon was holding the demon back with a blade at his throat. "There is no need for your services," Simon finished. I hated to admit it but Simon was surprisingly good at this. He looked calm, confident, and possibly a little cocky though I would never admit it. Not at all the boy he once was or the vampire he was either. No this was a brand new Simon, a shadowhunter Simon.
"Isabelle, you ready?" Simon asked with a grin.
"Thought you'd never ask," she replied with her own grin.
Let me just say this for them. The demon didn't stand a chance. I almost felt sorry for the thing. Almost.
Isabelle flicked her wrist and sent it flying across the room. Then Simon was there in a flip of a switch. He picked it up and threw it back toward Isabelle but not without slicing the demon across his back. As the demon was thrown to Isabelle she picked it out of the air with her whip and wrapped it around the cuts in his back and suffocated him with another whip. I hadn't know she had two whips but decided not to question her. Then Simon was there to finish him off as he sliced his head clean off his body. We watched as Simon sent him back to whatever demon realm he came from.
He dissolved into ashes and then left completely as those ashes were scattered. "That was fun," remarked Isabelle.
"Well, if that is your definition of fun then I seriously need to have a chat with you on the word fun." Simon stated. "That was more of an adrenaline rush, if you ask me."
"That's why I'm not asking you," Isabelle retorted.
"Touché, Izzy." Simon replied.
"Come on, let's go find Jace and Clary. See if their demon had the same idea about this rune. Perhaps you can tell me more about it." She said as she walked over to Simon. By this point,Jace and I disappeared into the crowd. We started to dance looking as if we'd been there all night. Then it changed to a slow dance and we swayed with each other. His hands were around my waist and mine were around his neck. He started to talk about the rune wondering if I had something to do with it and how Simon had known. I gave him the quickest possible explanation on the rune and how I had been drawing it for a couple of weeks. I told him had Simon found out. The next thing he said was so obvious I wanted to smacked him. Fortunately for him, I doubt I could even lift my hand up. It was soooo crowded in here.
"You should talk to Magnus. See if you can get any intel or knowledge about this rune."
"Oh really, I hadn't thought about that. Let me go make a call real quick," I say sarcastically.
Before Jace can retort an answer Isabelle and Simon walk over. Isabelle breaks up our dance by saying,"Alright you two, lovebirds, it time to get going. I believe I have had enough demons for one night."
"Ok Izzy, but we have to make a stop." Jace says throwing me off my guard.
I immediately say,"W-What?"
"That's right. You heard me. And speaking of hearing things. . . . "
"Actually Simon and I have somewhere we need to stop as well."
Now it was Simon's turn to look bewildered. "Wh-What?"
"I bet we are both going to the same place"Jace states matter-of-factly.
I realize where we are going as soon as Simon does. I look at him and there was a silent plea in his eyes. Sorry they seem to say. No choice. Then we left the club, heading to institute. To find the one person who might know something. We were heading to Magnus.