𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈: Wonderland

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

WONDERLAND

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SOMEDAYS LYRA THINKS about a pretty quote or she sees the clouds amble through the sky traced by sunlight or she hears the call of the forests with trilling birds and lapping rivers and she just gets so overwhelmed with a specific feeling that she can't really name. Yet she knows that this feeling is so human and so tender at its very heart. Somedays Lyra thinks about these things and this wonderful human feeling and how she is part of a little world so delightfully rich with experiences. On these days she is sure that she exists to live this very feeling; it stems from the very human love for coexistence in the world.

Somedays Lyra thinks about these things because it feels like the stars align perfectly and everything just tumbles into place in divine harmony. And it's on these days that she feels like she's doing exactly what she should be doing. She feels good.

The edges of her lips tug up and she pulls the orange blanket tighter around her. It's a nice blanket. Not used, like all the ones on the Ark. Even if Bellamy thinks she's dumb to be excited about it, she is. Though of course, by now, she's more sleepy than anything.

Twitching her fingers languidly, she reaches out towards the spacesuit she's stashed in their tent. The fabric is smooth beneath her fingers. Lyra doesn't have it in her to get rid of it. (Hopefully Raven hasn't noticed it's missing yet.)

Then she rolls onto her side, eyelids heavy as she tries to focus in on Octavia. The obsidian-haired girl's been strangely quiet all night, eyes fixed on the canvas ceiling of their tent.

"Was the Grounder nice after you freed him?" Lyra asks sleepily, though really it comes out as more as WuzGroundernaiceafterufreedem?.

"Huh? Oh. Oh, yeah," says Octavia after a beat, eyes flickering to Lyra. "What about Bellamy?"

Lyra shrugs nonchalantly, though she has a triumphant grin. "My incredible friendship skills strike again."

"Thank God for that, he's been pissy with me all week," grumbles Octavia. An unamused grimace crawls across her features as she shifts. "Maybe he just hasn't slept with enough girls."

Lyra hums tiredly. "Interesting conclusion, Detective Blake."

"What do you think those girls see in him, anyways?"

Well. Uh. She doesn't know what to say to that. "Um. I dunno. Maybe... maybe it's, like, his hair or something."

Octavia fully turns over to her side to look at Lyra, arching an eyebrow doubtfully. "Hair. You think all of those girls are sleeping with my brother because of his hair."