Hybrids

It was Jenna's and John's funeral, I attended in the distance. I didn't get close since none of them probably wanted to see me after what I have done. I accidentally stepped on a twig, causing it to snap and I noticed Damon starting to turn around so I sped out of there before he was able to see me.

After the funeral, I finally gave in and transformed into my wolf form. I only ever transformed once before Esther has put the curse on Klaus and I. Until a few days ago, I didn't even know I was cursed, I just thought it had to have been due to me being a vampire. It felt good, being able to run wild and free again after not being able to do it for over a thousand years.

-

-

I only transformed for about a day until I turned back and found Elijah. We were in the woods, following Klaus. We finally found him laying naked on the ground in the middle of nowhere, just like I did.

Elijah threw some clothes at him as I turned my gaze to the other side, waiting for him to get dressed. "You've been busy."

"That was amazing. How long has it been?" I heard Klaus ask.

"Almost 2 days. Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf."

"I'm decent, love."

I turned my gaze back to Klaus where he has now put on his jeans. My eyes fell on his bare chest that revealed his abs. I caught myself staring for a little too long and judging by Klaus' smirk, he must have noticed me staring too.

"I can change at will then. It's good to know. I remember every single kill."

"Yes, I've been cleaning up after your little mess along the way." Elijah stated, frustrated.

"Just like old times, brother."

"Great, you've had fun. Now where are they?" I crossed my arms.

"Oh, nice to see you suddenly care about my sister again after a thousand years, Brooklyn."

"She was my best friend, Nik. I don't want her rotting away in a bloody coffin."

Elijah stepped forward. "You gave us your word, Niklaus."

Klaus continued to get changed, throwing on his long sleeved top and putting on his shoes. "What kind of brother would break his bond? Even though you both did try to kill me."

"We could have. But we didn't." Elijah said, holding up Klaus' jacket for him to put on.

"And now no one can, not even you. Relax, guys. All is forgiven."

"Where are they?" Elijah demanded.

"You need to lighten up. I'll bring you them soon enough.

-

-

"Klaus, you're back. Look who decided to come for a visit." Katherine announced, holding onto Stefan.

"You just keep popping up, don't you?" Klaus spoke sounding amused.

"I need your help." Stefan paused for a moment to look at me before turning back to Klaus. "For my brother."

"What's wrong with Damon?" I questioned, the panic evident in my voice.

"He was bit by a werewolf."

I felt my world be ripped into pieces just by those few simple words. He's dying. No. He can't be.

"Well, you're gonna have to wait a tick. You see, I have an obligation to my brother and Brooke, that requires my immediate attention."