Chapter 64: Rally The Team

Y/N's POV

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one." Bruce called out across the hangar. This was going to be a beautifully horrible scene. Scott opened the back doors of his van... thing. God, that vehicle looked old.

"Breakers are set. Emergency generators are on standby." Link approached. Steve and Nat were stood together as usual. Bruce was behind all the computers for the time travel thing. Scott was suited up and ready to get rolling. And we'd picked up one more person for the road.

"What, so you're sending bug bite into the 1800s?" Pietro asked, sitting on the ground with a curious expression. Link walked to him, the two fist bumping. When did they become besties?

"There's only a small chance we'll lose him, it's fine." Bruce waved off Pietro. Scott's head spun towards Bruce so quickly that for a second I thought he was the speedster.

"Excuse me?" He asked in fear. Someone didn't know what a joke was. Or at least I hoped it was a joke...

"He's kidding." Natasha said through her smile. "You can't say things like that." She told Bruce.

"It- it was a bad joke." Bruce stammered out, making me even more fearful that he serious. But Scott seemed to accept that as he began walking back to the van.

"That was a joke, right? You're not serious about him disappearing back to visit Thomas Jefferson?" I squinted at Bruce. What a soothing way to make Scott feel safe.

"I don't know, man. We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is." Bruce whispered to me before turning back to look at Scott. "We're good!" He gave a thumbs up. "Get your helmet on." And now for the show to begin.

"Scott, I'm gonna send you back a week... let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Make sense?"

"Perfectly not confusing." Scott waved a hand to deflect any ideas that he didn't know what was gonna happen. I mean, that was great and all. But considering Bruce just literally told me that he wasn't sure what would happen... yeah, he was probably about to get hurt.

"Good luck, Scott. You got this." Steve gave him a confidence boost. I wished he'd just go into the tunnel already. I wanted to see something cool.

"You're right. I do, Captain America." Scott nodded before finally being sucked into the quantum realm.

"So, uh... now what?" Pietro raised an eyebrow.

"I'm about to bring him back in three..." Bruce started counting down as he flipped switches. "Two..." Just as he was about to press the final button, he finished. "One."

Scott reappeared from the tunnel. Did he get... younger? He looked to be like 12. "Uh... Guys? This doesn't feel right." Scott looked at his hands.

"What the hell?" Link mumbled in confusion.

"Who is that? Is that Scott?" Natasha asked.

"Yes, it's Scott!" Scott replied before being dragged back into the quantum realm. I asked for cool, I instead got amusing. Bruce began pressing more buttons before Scott returned again, this time in his elder years.

Wow, so we're just going through every age with him. Elderly Scott proceeded to complain about his back before being sucked into the van again. The next time he was spat out was... as a baby? What the hell was Bruce doing?

"It's a baby." Steve said as if he was finally starting to see this as some comedic act. Ah, he joined the dark side. Wonderful.

"It's still Scott, right?" I crossed my arms.