Chapter 5

I have to admit, Ethan is really good at basketball but unlucky for him, so am I.

We spent the last half an hour fighting against each other and now the scores are 12-12.

At this point, everybody stopped playing and strated watching us. Everyone was on edge and they all held their breath waiting to see who will win. The ballerina girl or the basketball bad boy? (those were the nicknames they gave us during the game don't judge me).

After what felt like forever the bell was ready to ring but neither of us were ready to back down. We were tired and I was sweating and panting, Ethan lifted his shirt many times to wipe the sweat off his face which was completely unnecessary and uncalled for and I bet it was just to show off his abs and oh lord I would bet my arms and legs he spent his days and nights in the gym cause that was the body of a Greek god.

I desperately wanted to win against him but Ethan wouldn't let me get past him so I only had one choice.

I took a few steps back, surprising everyone while Ethan was trying to figure out my next move.

I stared at the net behind him and put all of my ballet experience over the years to use, I pushed my right leg behind my left one, slightly bent over, and jumped as high as I could throwing the ball towards the net.

My heart was pounding in my chest and you can't imagine my happiness when it got right through it.

Not a single sound, a smooth score.

"Oh my god I did it! Did you see that??" I yelled, running towards Ethan and practically throwing myself at him.

He was taken aback by my gesture and I didn't realized what I had done until it was too late.

I quickly got down and let go of him apologizing, my cheeks flushing with embarrassment and I hoped he didn't notice it or just assumed it was because of the exercising we just did.

"Good job princess, didn't know you had it in you" he said, smirking and crossing his arms.

I was about to turn around and question the suddenly change of heart when he kissed my forehead and walked away as the bell rang.

I was dumbfounded and all I did was stand there and stare at the direction he walked away to.

"I should really pay for him to get a therapist or something" I whispered, touching the area he kissed with tips of my finger as I headed to the changing room to take a quick shower and get rid of the sweat that coated my body.

Throughout the rest of my classes I kept touching my forehead on the area Ethan kissed without even noticing it. What did he mean by that kiss? Why did he even kiss me? Is this related with what he said at the end of lunch?

So many questions were coursing in and out of my head but no answers came to light. I was walking through the halls, thinking back on the event at the gym when I bumped into someone's chest.

Hard.

"I'm sorry" I whispered, getting ready to leave.

"Woah not so fast princess" said the man I bumped into.

I immediately recognized that voice and looked up, I let out a groan because seeing Ethan was the last thing I wanted to do before going home.

"That's no way to greet me after you were all over me when you won the game" he teased, his signature smirk on his face.

I immediately remembered what I did during gym class and how I hugged him upon my victory and threw my head back in annoyance.

I seriously can't believe I wasted braincells thinking about this idiotic jerk all afternoon..

"Don't feel too special it's something I do when I win at literally anything. If you bothered checking my 'coronation' and victory ceremonies you would notice I hug my parents everytime I am announced winner. I even hugged the reporter once who was a little taken aback but still she was extremely nice about it unlike someone I know standing in front of me. Don't flatter yourself, I literally could've hugged the wall or a random person walking by but it just happened to be you" I said, rolling my eyes.

I didn't even bother looking at Ethan during my speech because I really, really wanted to go home and sleep.

"At least I wasn't the one who kissed you on your forehead" I retorted, finally looking up and meeting his eyes.

His smirk fell and Brandon and Corey standing next to him kept staring at him dumbfounded.

I walked away not sparing him a look back, at this point I had already convinced myself that what he did was to mess with me and get a reaction out of me again. But for some reason it annoyed me more than it should've.

I opened my car door and sat behind the steering wheel.

"Damn it Jane you literally just met him today" I whispered, resting my head on the wheel.

In one day, this jerk succeeded in bringing all kinds of emotions out of me and I did not like that.

He's 18 for God's sake I probably look like a child to him!

Is he 18? You know what, it doesn't matter.

I just need to ignore him and be extremely hostile to him.

Yup, that's what I will do.

----------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think of this chapter? This is one of the rare moments Jane curses so please keep that in mind because she's usually really good at keeping her emotions and reactions in check.
If there are any grammar or spelling mistakes please tell me in the comments so I can fix them!

-Alexandra Banger