(7) Too Early?

Back with another chapter, it is a bit longer than usual but I really enjoyed writing it!
If you'd like to help me out, votes and feedback of any kind are appreciated :)
Enjoy!

"I've seen you going into this hut. Did your friend live here?"

In the doorway of the hut, a short but intimidating man, his white framed sunglasses hiding his eyes as usual, his short, dark hair more chaotic than the last time Clay had seen him, there was-

Henry.

"W-what do you mean did live here? He does live here!"

Clay's voice got louder and louder as he went on, desperate to understand what was going on.

"You told me you would take him home safely! Where is he? What did you do?!"

His mouth was faster than his brain- the moment he realised what he said, and especially how he said it, it was already too late.

Never had he actually spoken in such a disrespectful way to someone as powerful as a Pretiosi.

Henry's voice was so full of powerful anger that Clay backed up against the wall, staring at him, scared of what he would do.
"You do not talk to me like this."

The short yet intimidating man raised his hand as if he was about to punch Clay from far away and for a second he felt an unbearable heat enclosing him from all sides.

Henry quickly pulled his hand back, as if he was surprised by his own actions.
But his confusion quickly turned into anger once again.

"You should know your place, little Vilis kid. I could tear you into pieces and nobody would notice. Nobody would even care. You are nothing."

The last word came with such a disgust and devaluation that Clay felt a shiver rushing through his whole body.

"Please don't hurt me."
Clay whispered, making himself as small as possible.

"You know that I could've just left you there this morning? I could've let this Aquantura do whatever he wants with you? Watch your words! Without me you would be dead!"

Clay had no idea what an Aquantura was but he supposed it was a term for the dark-blue eyed man who tried to drown him earlier this day by enclosing him with water.

His voice was nothing more than a whisper.
"I know."

Trembling, he looked up at Henry, waiting for any verbal or physical attack.
But nothing came.

"W-why? Why though?"
Henry looked at him, lifting an eyebrow behind his sunglasses.

"Why did you safe me? As you said… I am a Vilis, my life means nothing. Why did you…-"

"Don't ask me that, I'm not able to tell you."
His voice was neutral again, revealing nothing about his current mood.

They were silent for a bit. Clay was still sitting on the floor, his back against the wall of Nick's hut. Henry was still standing in the middle of the room, no expression on his face around the white goggles.

Clay did not like that he could not see the emotions of his counterpart, making it slightly difficult to communicate. But at the same time he knew that his opinion on that was totally irrelevant.

Into the silence Clay's stomach began to rumble. He instantly thought about the dinner he skipped and started to regret it.

Henry took something out of his pocket and held it out to the Vilis boy.