Chapter 1

Michelle woke up to her phone ringing. She was a bit disoriented when she woke up but then she remembered she was sleeping over at her friend Emily's place. Quickly picking up the phone she saw it was Simon, her little sister's best friend. Grumbling a "Why are you calling me at this hour?" "Clary is not picking up her phone and find my friends says she's in an abandoned church" "what?" Michelle asked while rubbing her eyes. "I think Clary has a drug problem and I need you to go with me to find her" "Yeah, yeah alright. I'm on my way. You need me to pick you up?" "No I'll meet you there, thanks Michelle. I know how much you love your sleep." "I love Clary more, Si. You can always wake me up if there's something wrong with her! See you in a bit, Si. Don't worry too much." "See you soon, Michelle."

Quickly grabbing her uggs and a fluffy jacket, Michelle hurried outside and rushed off to the address Simon texted her. She was there within 10 minutes. Seeing him waiting on the sidewalk beside the parking spot she was meant to park in, she waved and parked her car. Stepping out he immediately asked if she could try to give Clary a call so she did.

Meanwhile Clary had just woke up from her unconscious state after a demon had stabbed her. She was attacked by questions from Izzy about her knowledge of the shadow world which the dark haired girl dubbed as non-existent. She did somehow have the sight and she somehow survived getting runed but that's where it all stopped. The ginger didn't know anything else.

After hearing that the closest connection to their mate woke up, Jace and Alec rushed to her room. "What do you know about our mate?" Jace immediately asked upon entering the room. "Your what?" Clary asked him. "Our mate" Alec said a bit annoyed. "I have no idea what a mate is. All I know is that some weird people took my mom and now you guys took me and I just want to go home and-" "that's a weird way of saying thank you for saving your life." Jace interrupted. "I-" again Clary was interrupted, but this time by her ringing phone. Seeing it was her sister she immediately picked up.

"Clare, where are you?" "Find your friends says you're in an abandoned church. Is there a drug problem we need to talk about?" Simon added after Michelle spoke. Walking over towards the window, Clary saw her sister and best friend standing right outside. Saying "I can see you. Give me a minute to change and I'll be right out." "Change?" Michelle asked. "I'll explain later, M" "just hurry up. It's incredibly cold out here." "Are you in your pyjama's?" "Maybe" Michele replied. "Only you, M. I'll be right out."
Hanging up the phone, she turned back to the three shadowhunters. "Look, thanks for saving my life but my sister and Simon are outside waiting for me. Are there any clothes I can borrow?"

While changing, Izzy gave the ginger girl a small explanation on the shadow world and her new "neck tattoo" and told them their names. Jace and Alec however were too busy staring at their mate that was just right outside with a guy. They did not like that. At all. So, their mate was the ginger girl's sister. That meant they had to be nice to her. When Clary was ready to go outside, Jace told her he would come with her because he saw something behind the best friend. Alec and Izzy knew better though, he just wanted to make sure their mate was safe and away from the guy.

Walking outside, Simon immediately asked what Clary was wearing. Seeing her younger sister looking a bit flustered by Simon's comment, Michelle said "it wouldn't be my first choice to wear in an abandoned church but you do pull it off, Clare". That made her smile.

Before she could ask who the cute blonde was beside Clary, she, Clary and Jace heard an older man saying "Clarissa and Michelle Fairchild. We've been looking for you" it was safe to say Michelle was freaking out. Jace came to their rescue though after he said "not on my watch" and started fighting the older man. He won, thank god. But he quickly came to the conclusion that it was not safe to be outside. He needed to get his mate to safety.

"Clary, what the hell is going on?" Simon interrupted before Jace could even say hi to his mate. "Could you like deglamourize or something so my best friend doesn't think me and my sister are crazy?" Seeing the blonde guy brushing over his tattoo he apparently suddenly became visible to Simon. Not completely understanding what was happening as she herself was able to see the blonde the entire time, she just shook it off, seeing as he had just killed someone.

"It's not safe out here, babe, let's go inside. You must be freezing." Jace said, his eyes locked on Michelle's. "Babe? Michelle, do you know this guy?" Simon asked her. Shaking her head no to Simon's question, she was thinking of a response before Clary interrupted. "M, apparently there is a war or something going on and mom is at the center of it. These guys saved my life earlier and said they could help us." "What war, Clare?" Michelle asked her little sister. "Let's talk about that inside, babe. I don't want you to catch a cold." Jace interrupted the two sisters.

"Clary, Michelle, you can't really go inside an abandoned church with a guy you just met" "babe, I promise Alec and I will keep you safe but for us to do that you need to come inside with me" "stop calling her babe" Simon snapped at the blonde.

Counting to ten, Jace knew he had to calm down before he killed the friend. He was already going for strike three as he showed up here in the middle of the night with their mate who was not dressed for this weather and now he was calling him out for calling his mate babe. The kid had a death wish. That was Jace's only logical explanation.

Not wanting to start a big argument with the oblivious mundane, Jace took a deep breath again and repeated that they should go inside as soon as possible. Holding out his hand for Michelle to take, he saw Simon doing the exact same thing.

Looking at her sister who said "We should go with Jace, M. I'll explain everything inside." Taking Simon's hand to pull him with her inside, she saw Jace's smile falter a little. Not thinking too much of this. She dragged Simon towards the entrance, where Clary was already waiting for them.