Chapter 44: Drunken Truth

Cassien woke up from his sleep and he had a huge headache.

I guess this is my hangover...God how much did I drink last night?

"You finally awake?" Peter looked over to him and was sitting on his desk. Grey was there also sitting on the chair across from the couch Cassien was sleeping on.

"Where are we?" Cassien tried getting up, but he felt something piercing his head.

"Your hungover." Grey said to him, "We all crashed at you estate after the party. But, you insisted on sleeping on this couch for some reason. So we left you here...And now it's the afternoon. So you've slept for probably more than ten hours."

"Don't worry." Peter chimed in, "Jeremiah cleared your schedule after we told him how you probably wouldn't be able to function once you woke up."

"I see..." Cassien carefully got up from the couch and placed his hand on his head. It hurt like hell for him, but that was the consequence for having too much to drink, "Peter I'm never partying with you again..."

"Do you remember anything about last night?" Peter asked and then looked at Grey.

"Why?" Cassien tried to remember, but his memory of last night was blurry. All he could remember was being in the restaurant for one moment, then ending up outside the next moment.

"Should I tell him?" Grey asked Peter.

"He's probably going to want to wish he was still asleep if you told him."

"Tell me what!" Cassien exclaimed and looked at the two of them confused.

- at the after-party -

"Cheers to the Empire!" Peter yelled out and held out his glass of water to everyone, "To everyone who helped out enjoy tonight! I told you all earlier...Everything is on me!" He shouted.

All the volunteers and workers were at a local restaurant downtown. The crowd roared after hearing Peter speak.

"Let's go!"

"Long live Prince Peter!"

"Free drinks yes!!"

"This is the first time I've seen him be so proud about the Empire." Cassien was drinking wine because the age limit of drinking alcohol is 18 in Valentino. He was getting a bit light-headed, but continued to drink anyways.

"I know, but at least he's having fun with Grey." Ariana was looking and saw a drunk Grey hugging Peter, "You know I'm happy you chose to be here."

"Really?"

"I mean you've been working twenty four seven on this project Cassien. You need to let loose sometime." Aubrey then saw a waiter and called them over, "He wants a couple of more glasses." Ariana said.

"W-Wait, I don't want to drink too much."

"Oh c'mon!" Grey walked over to Cassien, "Just drink!" He grabbed the wine bottles from the waiter and poured them all the way to the top of Cassien's drink.

"Grey!" Cassien exclaimed as he saw his full cup.

"What!! Let loose buddy!" Grey then grabbed the glass and held it closely to Cassien's face.