048

╔═══════封印═══════╝

╔═══════
封印
═══════╝

"shit! this one's fucking strong", mai cussed, using the inverted spear of heaven that kiyo had given her as she worked together with her twin, her schoolmates, and her father's clan.

it was truly an odd combination.

dagon — another one of the nine death paintings — was a full-fledged demon with a red octopus-like head along with the tips of the tentacles being black.

not only did it have a muscular build, he also had a pair of red and black wings attached to its lower back.

"MAI! GET OUT OF THE WAY!", maki shouted as she pushed her sister to the side, taking the hit for her as she spat out a copious amount of blood.

"MAKI!!"

a scoff was heard as the heir of the zenin clan had appeared, standing calmly beside dagon.

"naoya, what are you—"

"father, I see that you might be a little sick to the head. you're allowing these two to fight alongside you when they don't even have the capabilities to protect themselves? you should know that women are weak".

maki furrowed her brows meanwhile mai had gritted her teeth.

"naoya, this isn't the way to prove a point. I'm so disappointed in you!", naobito declared, to which naoya had a face of pure confusion.

"are you serious right now, father? I DO ALL THIS AND YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE THE BENEFITS?!"

"YOU'RE SIDING WITH THE DEMONS THAT ARE ATTACKING THE SHOGUN. NOTHING IS BENEFICIAL ABOUT THIS!", naobito shouted back.

"SO THAT BITCH CAN MARRY ONE BUT I CAN'T WORK WITH ONE?! DO YOU EVEN HEAR YOURSELF, OLD MAN?!"

naobito's eyes widened as he couldn't believe that this was the son that he had raised.

"naoya, stop this immediately".

the green-haired boy scoffed.

"I didn't come this far for you to tell me to give up", the boy replied.

naobito then prepared to fight, meanwhile maki and mai stood up too, holding the weapons given by kiyo.

"I'll prove that women are below men, starting from now".