chapter two

"Ok," smirked Lily. "Flitwick, Sprout, McGonagall."

"Lily!" exclaimed Marlene, making a face of disgust. She sat for a few moments, pondering her very serious decision. "Marry Sprout, that's obvious. I feel like she would be a very good wife. And then, I mean if I had to, fuck McGonagall. She'd be better than Flitwick by far."

Everyone in the compartment burst out in laughter, making Marlene blush. They all agreed with her but hearing someone say it out loud made it much funnier.

"So then by default, that would mean rest in peace Flitwick." Marlene imitated her words by tilting her head, squeezing her eyes shut, and sticking out her tongue.

Everyone mumbled a "rest in peace" with grins on their faces.

The group had already been on the train for a little while, Lily was back from the prefect compartment, and the girls had a good time catching up with one another.

All of their heads shot up as they heard "Anything from the trolley dearies?"

A short, old woman with a bright smile was standing in the doorway of the compartment. She had a large cart with various wizarding candies scattered around it.

All four girls nodded eagerly and stood up to check out what candies she had. Ophelia saw some sugar quills, cockroach clusters, licorice wands, and toothflossing stringmints.

After a few minutes of hard decision-making, the girls paid the witch and sat back down, arms filled with their favorite sweets. Alice sucked on a sugar quill, Marlene sighed loudly as she pulled a Godrick Gryffindor card out of her chocolate frog box: "I've already got three of him!", Lilly decided to try out a fizzing whizzbee, and Ophelia was quite happy with her handful of cauldron cakes.

The girls were surprised that by the time they finished all of their snacks, over an hour had already passed. None of them had a watch with them, so they didn't know the time for sure, but they assumed that they still had a few hours until they would arrive at the castle.

Ophelia started to get a little bit nervous as she saw a smirk come across Marlene's face. The others in the compartment noticed as well, and when confronted, the blonde-haired girl pulled out a colorful box labeled Bertie Botts Every Flavored Beans. Lily groaned.

"I always get all of the horrible ones."

"Maybe not this time. Give it a try Lil!" persuaded Alice, who had a warm smile on her face.

Lily agreed with a doubtful face, and Marlene handed a jelly bean to each girl. They all put it in their mouth at the same time, looking around for sour faces. Alice chewed happily as if she didn't expect anything bad. "Strawberry!" she exclaimed. Ophelia wasn't as lucky as Alice, and as soon as she put the bean into her mouth, she immediately spit it out. "I got a vomit-flavored one," she complained. "I'm going to be sick!" The whole group laughed except for Marlene, who was sharing a look of disgust. "Dog food" she murmured.

Alice was watching Lily as if she knew something they didn't. Lily's face was all scrunched up, but then all of a sudden, she looked surprised. She turned to the group.

"Coconut!" she exclaimed.

"See," said Alice. "I told you that you would get a good one!"

"How on earth did you know? I rarely ever get a good one!"

"M-" started Alice, but she was quickly cut off by Lily.

"And don't say your horoscope."

Alice put a hand to her chest and mockingly said, "I would never!"