God of love ~ Darcy Lewis

"Are you sure about this Freya?" Thor asked me. Growing up Thor had been one of my closest friends, although in different clans we were always friends. I was also close with Loki, God of Mischief. We were inseparable and fell in love, until he was temped by Hod and killed Balder, his own brother. It broke my heart and I couldn't look at him. I had since given up on love, seeing that it is only a delusion and a fantasy. Nothing good ever comes from love.

"I'm sure." I answered as Thor and I entered the bifrost. In a matter of seconds we had landed in Midgard and Thor began walking. I followed him and he came to a halt outside a building. Looking inside I saw what I assumed was the technology Thor had told me about. He told me his girlfriend was very skilled at using this technology.

When the door swung open a short girl with brown hair wrapped her arms around him and placed her lips on his. Gross. Love. Ughh just the word makes me feel sick. "Who's this?" She asked as she glanced at me with a smile. "This is a dear friend of mine, Freya, God of Fertility." The woman shook my hand, "Jane Foster, nice to meet you." She said. She looked back at Thor, "I thought Freya was the God of Lo-" "We don't say the l-word in front of Freya." He stated and she nodded.

"What's wrong with the l-word?" Another woman asked as she emerged from the building. She had long, dark hair which shaped her slim face and her glasses hung slightly down her nose. "And you would be?" I asked, "Freya this is Darcy Lewis, Darcy this is Freya." Thor explained. "God of the l-word right?" She said shaking my hand. She was kinda cute.

"Yea." I said with a smirk. "So how's Lok-"  She started, "We don't say that l-word either." I snapped, and without thinking I jumped onto the roof of the three story building and lay there watching the stars. "How did she do that?!" You heard the girl whisper.

After a while I heard soft footsteps and looking to my right, I saw Darcy lay down next to me on the flat roof. "So...What are we looking at?" She asked inquisitively. I smirked, "Do you see that star right there?" I said, moving close to her so I could show her. "Yea I see it." "That is the star which my father used to mould my sword." She smiled at me and looked back to the stars. "Why can't anyone use the l-word around you?" "Which one?" I asked. "Both."

I sighed. I knew I needed to talk about it, I had bottled up my emotions for hundreds of years and it took a toll on me. "I fell in Love. I adored him and he, me. I loved his cheeky grin and how his laugh was different when he was up to something. How he was so innocent and wanted to make everyone in the room laugh at his antics. Then he made a mistake, he was manipulated, but he did something horrible. I couldn't look at him, he became a stranger and I pushed him away. I denied him the love and comfort he needed and I suffered too. All I wanted was the young and innocent Loki back, but he was gone." I finished and looked up at her. "You and Loki?" I nodded and our eyes locked.

"Doesn't explain why you hate love." She stated. I looked back to the sky and said, "That whole ordeal taught me that nothing good ever comes from love and it is pointless. Why should I put myself through that pain again?" "You know, you might just find that not all love is doomed to fail." She suggested, "Just mine." I said bluntly.

Suddenly she rolled over me and was straddling my waist, her face inches from mine. I could feel her warm breath on my face and it made shivers rin down my back. She placed a hand on my cheek and smiled. That smile just made me melt on the spot. "That's because you only tried once." And with that she planted her lips on mine. "Bedroom?" I asked, "Bedroom." She replied with a grin.

~<•••>~

I was sitting in the kitchen the next morning with Thor and Jane as we all ate. Darcy emerged from the stairs and limped across to the kitchen. I grinned, proud of my work. "Darcy.." Jane started and when she saw me smiling the pieces finally fit. "Oh my God. Darcy got some last night! You go girl." She said with a laugh. I went bright red. "I am confused." Thor stated. He's a knucklehead sometimes. "Darcy and Freya!" She said with a grin. His face was a mix of shock and disbelief. "But you swore never to love again. You were adamant that you would never touch another." He said with confusion in his voice.

I looked over at Darcy who was smiling, "Someone wise told me that I had only tried love once. Might give it another go."